Thread: Airmar ss260 1kw temperature

Airmar ss260 1kw temperature

Gday guys, just interested to hear if anyone is using a ss260 through hull transducer and getting a temperature readout? I have it hooked up to a furuno fcv295. The brochure on the internet indicates that it gives temperature but I have never had it operational in the 2 years that I have had the unit. As it is a wired in transducer and not plug in, are we thinking it may be a wiring issue? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Re: Airmar ss260 1kw temperature

' could well be a wiring issue. You need to check how many wires are actually connected in the sounder and their position relative to the wiring diagram

Just had a quick look. There should be a pigtail connection cable that goes from the transducer cable to a socket on the back

Thanks a lot Scottar, I will open it up and have a look. Won't get a chance for a few days but at least I have somewhere to start.
    Thanks again
    Lee

The wait is finally over.........was worth every minute..........let the RIPTIDE rip..........hell yehhhh

Looking at the back, the socket for temp is external to where the transducer wires in.

Hi Scottar, mate I will have a look. This is not really something I am familiar with however I did wire the transducer in. I should still have the instructions so if I can work it out I will have a crack. I may contact you if it is out of my depth. Is this something you could assist with if I can't? I am happy to pay for your time.

Cheers
    Lee

No problem Lee.'

Thanks mate, as I say it is probably early next week before I will get a chance to have a look but thanks so much for your assistance. I will definitely let you know the result.

Cheers
    Lee

Hi Scottar, mate I have the sounder out at the moment and as you said there is a socket on the back. I have a brown wire and a white wire that are marked temperature. I now need to get those wires into a plug that fits the socket. Do you know where I would get this plug? I have tried trymax and they have told me I need to take the boat into them to do the job. If it is just connecting a plug, I think I could manage that.

Cheers
    Lee

Call Dick from quality marine electronics... he will sort it

Dick Tracy his name was on here
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Try this info.

http://www.furunousa.com/ProductDocu...and%201150.pdf

Looks like you need the sap-721-202 cable, or adapt a "y" cable or 'sumpin.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish mobile app

Gday guys, thanks for your replies, I have ordered that cable now and I'll get it sorted hopefully over the weekend. That info was all very helpful.

Cheers
    Lee

The lads are all over it by the looks.

Gday guys, I got the cable delivered on Friday and installed it on Sunday morning. It is giving me a readout so hopefully all good. I haven't had it in the water yet so only run it very briefly.
    Thanks to all that offered assistance
    Cheers
    Lee