Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Best boat for commuting

Re: Best boat for commuting

Took it for another spin today before bringing it home.
    I can go from top speed to stop in only 1 and a half boat lengths!... then spin it literally in place and shoot back in the direction I came from in a few seconds.
    The physics of Jet boats are great... so maneuverable... even for a newbie like myself (I have never driven a boat before in my life other than my Dad's fold-up with a whole 15 horsepower outboard, canoes and a couple of sail boats when I was a kid.)

It's got a holden 202 motor and kicks into a real nice planing/cruising speed at 3000rpm, not sure how many knots it is doing coz the speedo doesn't work, but it's certainly as fast as I am comfortable going right now.

Quote Originally Posted by inveratta View Post
    love to see a couple of photos the attachment above didnt work...a friend of mine used a jet boat for years ...the only thing he found was at slow speeds it was not so easy to keep control of turns..otherwise the jet was pretty straightforward...the motor on the other hand was not....but I reckon if your using it regularly...wont take long to work it out...all the best.
    Yep. Hardest habit to break out of is throttling down all the way if things get a bit squirrely. No thrust = no steerage.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRiver View Post
    Might be because they are png files. Here's a couple as jpegs..Attachment 115456. Attachment 115455
    No it is because you need to import the images into AF first before attaching them to your thread. Use the Go Advanced button and manage attachments.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.