Thread: South Passage Bar

South Passage Bar

Hey guys. Am planning on heading out through spb to chase dollies and mackeral. Haven't been over that bar in nearly 12 months. Any advice or tracks recommended? Cheeers

Re: South Passage Bar

middle channel what the charter boats use is still there..just watch the back bank
    9/ 2016-8/2017 crab count
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

FYI, in the current edition of B'n'B (Jan), Bill Corton gave an update of all 3 main channels of SPB in his column. No marks of course, but good info. And yes, middle channel is (still) the safest in dodgy weather.
    Cheers
    Brendon

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Thanks Guys! Appreciated

Went out yesterday via the Trawler channel. Once you get to the sand bank at the entrance of the bar you can go either left or right of the sand bank and head out. There's a boat of some sort sitting on that sand bank

Sent from my PNDP51M10BLK using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Duckfish View Post
    There's a boat of some sort sitting on that sand bank

The " Rufus King"..... ?? Been there forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Badone View Post
    The " Rufus King"..... ?? Been there forever.
    Suspect he means the small yacht that is high and dry on the bank that has formed on the inside of the bar.

Oh is that a yacht. Don't think it will coming off soon. It's right in the middle of that sand bank.

There is a good channel at the far northern end. It follows the beach around Moreton and aims nearly due north. Pretty deep and wide.

^^ sounds like someone I knows backside ^^

The southern side of the rufus king has also had a sand bank building over the last 12 months, exposed at low tide.

Regards
    Honda..

i went over just before xmas just south of the Rufus king it was a bit lumpy and shallow in parts.

I haven't gone through the northern channel in 2 years as it was closed out with beakers. best advise is sit and watch for a bit before crossing and look at the wave rider boy data that morning.