Thread: Bay cobia

Bay cobia

Little late for a report but I took my father fishing for the first time that I can remember on Boxing Day. He has not been on a boat for 30years since he had a nasty accident on the tweed bar.
    we set of for the northern bay leaving Wynnum to chase some schoolies but at 12-15knts it was bumpy so change of plan and headed south to goat island pulled up on the spot deployed the pick and the berly bucket. The tide had just turned and I was floating a whole pilly on 25lb Fluoro and 2 5/0 hooks smelled then it came straight away I felt weight so I handed it over to the old man we landed this on 20lb braid 4-7kg rod whilst still at anchor and 25lb fluro leader.
    dad handles the fish like a pro and after 25min the gaff is in 😁

Dad is amazed and personally the best thing I have seen in years. The joy on his face is what makes it even sweeter as he has prostate cancer and if it all goes bad that will be the memory that I cherish I had one of the best days fishing in my life and hope to do more . Thanks for reading my speel..cheers ScottClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0227.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	114994Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0228.jpg 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	114995Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0231.jpg 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	114996it went 23lb and was 125cm long
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Re: Bay cobia

Good to see he got his arms stretched

Nice fish, thanks for posting

Awesome mate.

Well done, first cobe ive seen for quite sometine around the bay.
    10 years ago they weren't hard to find, but over the last few years they are few and far between.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ausfish Silver Member jackson4300's Avatar

Thats a cracking fish for anywhere let alone the bay! Great to be able to have that experience with your dad,

great fish, all the best to your dad with prostrate....I get mine removed in march, but am looking forward to life and fishing after recovery

Awesome mate! Good on ya! That's why we fish hey, those special days. I hope there's plenty more good days for you both in the future!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ausfish mobile app