Thread: Furuno Gp7000F Users Help Appreciated

Furuno Gp7000F Users Help Appreciated

I have a Furuno Gp7000F which is new to me. I would like help in putting in some coordinates. My understanding is that I need to turn the chart cursor off otherwise when I go to enter a coordinate I will automatically get the cursor position. The manual tells me how to turn the cursor on but I was not able to uncover how to turn it off.

I have tried looking through the soft keys while in the plotter mode but I still have the cursor. If you could tell me how to turn it off or how to enter some coordinated that I have I would appreciate it.

Thanks Peter

Re: Furuno Gp7000F Users Help Appreciated

When the soft key menus come up one of the options is "centre". This returns the boat to the middle of the page and effectively turns the cursor off. when you hit the waypoint button, the position will be the boats position. To enter a waypoint as a lat long, it really doesn't matter which mode is active. Hit the waypoint key - the waypoint information will come up with either the boat or the cursor and then you edit the lat long to the one required prior to saving the information - same with giving it a name or changing the colour or symbol by using the roto key.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    When the soft key menus come up one of the options is "centre". This returns the boat to the middle of the page and effectively turns the cursor off. when you hit the waypoint button, the position will be the boats position. To enter a waypoint as a lat long, it really doesn't matter which mode is active. Hit the waypoint key - the waypoint information will come up with either the boat or the cursor and then you edit the lat long to the one required prior to saving the information - same with giving it a name or changing the colour or symbol by using the roto key.
    Hey thanks for taking the trouble to reply. The centre soft key which is labelled " centre"in the manual says it will turn the cursor off and or return the cursor to the centre of the screen. My centre key has no label, it is blank no letters colour white. Does yours have a label centre and does the cursor disappear when you turn it off.

Mine does not appear to work or I need to change a setting somewhere to bring the centre soft key to life. Yes I found I was able to edit the cursor loaded wpt to my coordinates. I expect the cursor to disappear if I turn it off. I have another as a head unit for the sounder and it is the same which makes think I need to change a setting somewhere/

Once again your help is appreciated

The "centre" soft key may only become active once you have a valid position fix. Are you inside in a shed or in the boat out in the yard with everything plugged in.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    The "centre" soft key may only become active once you have a valid position fix. Are you inside in a shed or in the boat out in the yard with everything plugged in.
    Thanks why did they not have someone like you write the manual. Yes I am in a shed, trying to put in some coordinates for its maiden voyage. I will take it outside and let it get a fix. You are probably correct although I would have thought it would need a fix to turn it on rather than a fix to turn it off. You have been a great help.
    Cheers Peter

just a note to say that the cursor could be turned on and off once the unit had a fix. The word centre would appear in the centre soft key window when it got a fix. Thanks again