Thread: re lowrance sonar hub sounder module and a gen 1 plus gen 2 T

re lowrance sonar hub sounder module and a gen 1 plus gen 2 T

ok looking to buy a lowrance sonar hub sounder module to be able to get chirp on the hds 7 gen 2 touch i have but it appears when chirp is being used on the gen 2 T cant use structure scan at same time

so question is can you i use downscan at the same time as using chirp and have the screen on hds gen 2 T split half chirp and half downscan - and is anyone doing this

i should be able to use the structure scan on the hds gen 1 unit i have split half screen with the navionics map and i have had this happening before although i did move ss with the lss2 transducer over to the gen 2 T unit so may have to move it back

so query is is there any other advantage to having the sonic hub sounder module connected to the gen 1 as well as the gen 2 T

cheer and thanks

Re: re lowrance sonar hub sounder module and a gen 1 plus gen 2 T

Quote Originally Posted by patrol50 View Post
    ok looking to buy a lowrance sonar hub sounder module to be able to get chirp on the hds 7 gen 2 touch i have but it appears when chirp is being used on the gen 2 T cant use structure scan at same time

so question is can you i use downscan at the same time as using chirp and have the screen on hds gen 2 T split half chirp and half downscan - and is anyone doing this

i should be able to use the structure scan on the hds gen 1 unit i have split half screen with the navionics map and i have had this happening before although i did move ss with the lss2 transducer over to the gen 2 T unit so may have to move it back

so query is is there any other advantage to having the sonic hub sounder module connected to the gen 1 as well as the gen 2 T

cheer and thanks

The lowrance doc suggests you can view both chirp and structurescan by connecting the structurescan hd transducer directly to the hds gen2 touch ( I guess rather than to the sonarhub - it has structurescan builtin? Dunno don't have one ).

http://www.lowrance.com/Root/Lowranc...0542-001_w.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Re: re lowrance sonar hub sounder module and a gen 1 plus gen 2 T

Quote Originally Posted by swof63 View Post
    The lowrance doc suggests you can view both chirp and structurescan by connecting the structurescan hd transducer directly to the hds gen2 touch ( I guess rather than to the sonarhub - it has structurescan builtin? Dunno don't have one ).

http://www.lowrance.com/Root/Lowranc...0542-001_w.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    yes and thanks - i did read that info and i think it say it works ok if yu have two hds gen 2s one of which is a touch or with a hds gen 2 T and gen 3 linked up but not sure if it will do it with a linked gen1 and gen 2 T - so maybe its a question for lowrance i guess

i guess its a call to lowrance later this week but i am not holding out a lot of hope for gen 1 compatibility with the sonar hub in fact i reckon lowrance should be ashamed of the gen 1 capability they put out into the market

unless of course the redoutable moose knows the answer of course

cheers