Thread: Mid Summer Wax

Mid Summer Wax

Thought I would take advantage of the cooler (less sunny) weather and wash the boat and give it a mid summer waxing.

16 year old but looking pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Mid Summer Wax

Cooler weather? - You are obviously not in south east Qld this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Cooler weather? - You are obviously not in south east Qld this weekend!
    Sydney (south west) top of 29 and overcast today. A slight relief

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ausfish Silver Member

for a few hundred (guessing or wateva it cost to wax a boat) you have no need to upgrade the old girl she looks nice and has plenty of years left in her..
    ill be somewhere up the creek, happy trails..

Mid Summer Wax

Quote Originally Posted by up the creek View Post
    for a few hundred (guessing or wateva it cost to wax a boat) you have no need to upgrade the old girl she looks nice and has plenty of years left in her..
    Yes there is plenty of life left in her yet. I have no intention of getting rid of a great boat.

Still a few cosmetics I want done, including new bimini, clears, and storage cover, etc, etc.

Cost of waxing = a bottle of 3M Marine Liquid Wax (about $50 a litre) and some elbow grease.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ausfish Silver Member

nice nice, there worth spending more money on em when there not basket cases, and i agree if it does all you want and a great boat there is no point selling it if your happy.. best $50 spent lol

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    Yes there is plenty of life left in her yet. I have no intention of getting rid of a great boat.

Still a few cosmetics I want done, including new bimini, clears, and storage cover, etc, etc.

Cost of waxing = a bottle of 3M Marine Liquid Wax (about $50 a litre) and some elbow grease.

Sounds like a fair rate. What do you charge for a Victory

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Sounds like a fair rate. What do you charge for a Victory
    Hi Scottar.

Might be a bit different when labour costs are included

Ausfish Silver Member

when its your boat its a joy to get it in its pride.. when its someone elses its a job and the costs go way up lol..

Looks good. One of the benefits of owning a boat with a quality gelcoat. The 3M products aren't bad, but they wash off pretty quickly and there are better wax compounds out there. Try collinite next time for an off the shelf product - the stuff I use is not available to the general public.

Mid Summer Wax

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean_Spirit View Post
    Looks good. One of the benefits of owning a boat with a quality gelcoat. The 3M products aren't bad, but they wash off pretty quickly and there are better wax compounds out there. Try collinite next time for an off the shelf product - the stuff I use is not available to the general public.
    Thanks OS, so you believe Collinite is the best or one of the best off the shelf wax products.

Can you tell us what you believe is the BEST

I'm pretty happy with the 3m wax, but when I run out I'll give the Collinite a go.

Collinite is a good quality off the self product. Synthetic sealants (following a polish) offer the best enduring protection for gelcoat. The commercial products I have used are a different beast but offer a superior (lasting protection) that just don't come off easily.