Thread: Whoops

Whoops

4WD falls off barge on way to Fraser Island, sinks - ABC News
    https://apple.news/A0ir7nU_ZT8mNoB6A8GHhFA

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Whoops

Toyota boat. Bit light in the stern though - nothing a couple of hundred horsepower on the transom wouldn't fix. Bet he remembers the handbrake from now on.

I think it's kind of funny after reading the text, that everyone thinks it's such a tragedy that they lost their phones! Never mind the car, or their belongings, We have become such a mobile phone reliant society, every news story has someone clutching their phone, joggers, people walking dogs, shopping, at the movies, the whole country has become obsessed with needing your phone in easy reach 24 hours a day, well, except me, if someone wants me bad enough, they will find me.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Toyota boat. Bit light in the stern though - nothing a couple of hundred horsepower on the transom wouldn't fix. Bet he remembers the handbrake from now on.
    a 9.9 with a foil and tabs should be ample! Wonder what the ride in chop will be like?

You would have to wonder why the manta ray was 1/4 the way across and still didn't have the ramp locked into place to let the car roll of ? Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Whoops

I might be wrong but the bow locking pins don't appear to be engaged to me ,maybe a barge driver could correct me hmmmmm. Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Yep, good point, it does mention that it was still down, and the company had no comment.

It would seem that the introductory session for backpackers on Fraser Island did not include a section on ensuring that those hiring rented 4WDs when stopped utilize the supplied hand / emergency brake.

It is further assumed that future sessions for renters include said section.

Barge operators appear also to either have their minds on other things or to be in a bit of a hurry or (insert your choice here......................................)

Happy New Year all, including our backpackers with wet passports etc)

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

According to 9 news

The video's uploader suggests the four-wheel-drive is now 60m underwater.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...C4KB1JMp1Ko.99

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    According to 9 news

The video's uploader suggests the four-wheel-drive is now 60m underwater.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/201...C4KB1JMp1Ko.99

It would be only 60ft that story also says it was from River Heads not Inskip.

ABC News reported it fell off in Moreton Bay!!!

As per normal the News Services will { print, broadcast, televise} anything they want to, so theirs will be the first story { published televised or broadcast} to hit the streets.
    The truth can come out later. Bragging rights to be the first to disclose the story comes before finding out the facts and validity of a story.
    Thank God there were not any kids in the vehicle when it went into the water.

bazza