Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1

    twin hull total scan transducer mount position?

    Hi All

    I have a Sailfish shelf runner and I am about to install a total scan transducer to the starboard sponson, the transducer is about 20cm long which on first sight brings it real close to the leg of the outboard.

    If I move it any further away it start to head up the deadrise.

    hope someone has mounted one of these total scan transducers on a twin hull before and can enlighten me on the outcome and their final positioning of the transducer.

    thankyou.

  2. #2

    Re: twin hull total scan transducer mount position?

    Mate anywhere along that bottom edge of the hull that catches clean water when on the plane will be fine. I suppose those transducers would be best mounted as close to the centre of the boat as possible.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  3. #3

    Re: twin hull total scan transducer mount position?

    The last place anybody would install such a transducer is on the inside of the hulls, first preference is on the outside of the starboard hull, second preference (by there isn't any other options) is on the outside of the port hull.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us