Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Which 6m boat?

Re: Which 6m boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Cape Crusader View Post
    Quite a puzzling thread you created Stue2
    I had a northbank 600C which was one of the numerous good 6m boats rather that some of the very light weights out there
    The 600C which is 6m
    It would be hard to step back down to a mono unless it was a 233 :-)
    You have a 6m vagabond?
    Always admired the 6.2m version
    Cheers
    Rod[

QUOTE=stue2;1624794]Just putting it out and not after the great debate but what are peoples favourite 6m boats.
    Is it the deck area or transom design, perhaps the ride that gets them over the line.
    I have a seafarer vagabond because of transom design and stability and that we spend most of our time at the back of the boat was the reason for getting a vagabond.
    What are your thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    [/QUOTE]
    There are plenty of northbanks down here.
    Some really like them but i have not yet been in one.
    The vag is a nice boat. Great to fish from, rides well with tabs in the rough. How fast you go is closely related to the age of the crew. I can go pretty dam quick without any banging but my shearers back and knees prefer to go a little steadier. Still 35kmh is not bad when it blows up and 45 to 50 most days.
    Just slow up when my knees say so.
    Cheers
    Stu

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Jesus, you brought back some memories with that lot, there has been a few bad boat sagas over the years hey?
    And there was the chap with the Super vee

I understand where your coming from, an old back injury made sitting down in any sort of sea something I soon regretted. Standing for any length of time while bashing through the waves made very painful and fatiguing from heavy chemo. Now I can sit the whole time while motoring, much easier and I don't collapse in a heap for the next few days
    Cheers
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    ^6m Evolution, that's a dirty word on here after Dick Tracy's saga along with Rollinators and Shafters HH680!
    Hi Smithy and NoelM, what's the go here ? I'm interested to find out what problems there are or were. Obviously I'm a customer with my username,,
    If replying is the wrong thing a message is good. Cheers.

No problems replying, a guy had one and it was very badly made, stuff just kind of fell off, and I don't think (cant remember the end result) he had a lot of luck getting it fixed, the whole story just went on and on, don't know what the outcome was, do a search under Dick Tracy, it might show up.

Just read it all, was a good outcome by the looks but yes you would of been pissed at the start.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    No problems replying, a guy had one and it was very badly made, stuff just kind of fell off, and I don't think (cant remember the end result) he had a lot of luck getting it fixed, the whole story just went on and on, don't know what the outcome was, do a search under Dick Tracy, it might show up.
    Ahh yes thanks NoelM I just spent the last 2 hours (in between work) read an old thread.
    Seems like everyone is happy now but holy moly what a saga.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

The evo is at Crawfords for sale at the minute

Quote Originally Posted by stang69 View Post
    If you read the previous posts you would see I refer to mono hulls 6 metres and under.
    The few cats I have been in did have pretty bad tunnel slap going into a head sea though.
    Ill name three:

Cootacraft Gunshot 5.5m.

Cootacraft Coldfront 6m

Cootacraft Badboy 6.5m okay this is over 6m metres - just talk to a few experienced non biased people who have been in them. Absolute beast.

https://www.thecaptain.tv/articles/bad-boy-for-love/

520 Sea Devil 20-25kn SE Moreton Bay slop blowing all night.

Devil sitting (flying) on 25- 30knots IMG_2329.jpg

Vromme, I actually said the Cootacraft coldfront was a darkhorse in a previous post. Is it softer than a 585R? I don't know, it could be. Haven't talked to anyone who has been in both, let alone an unbiased person who has been in both.
    Gunshot is awesome for its size.
    Those Haines based hulls are pretty good, and built well.
    But every other mono mentioned so far, not close. Still waiting on Noelm to enlighten us on the many boats that are better.

We get it. You have the greatest 6m and under boat that has ever been created since the beginning of time! Enjoy it.

Still waiting on Noelm to enlighten us on the many boats that are better.
    Any chance you can hold your breath until that happens ?

I got that right didn't I ............oops, my bad.

Vromme, I actually said the Cootacraft coldfront was a darkhorse in a previous post. Is it softer than a 585R? I don't know, it could be. Haven't talked to anyone who has been in both, let alone an unbiased person who has been in both.
    Gunshot is awesome for its size.
    Those Haines based hulls are pretty good, and built well.
    But every other mono mentioned so far, not close. Still waiting on Noelm to enlighten us on the many boats that are better.
    I have spoken to a few blokes who have, including a guy who owns a 565, theyve said Gunshot noticeably softer. Coldfront is arguably not quite as 'soft' as a gunshot (depending on sea) but bugger all in it.

A good indicator is how many guys have switched to a Coota compared with how many switch back.

A 'softer' boat is just a generalisation made up of opinion. Sea conditions vary greatly, boat 'A' may be better/softer in some conditions but worse than boat B in other conditions.

I know a few blokes who have/do own a 5.2m devil and a 6m one. the 5.2 is more often a little softer, but the 6m is the choice when you want to go wide or it gets real shitty.

PS I doubt Noel will bother responding. He has been a positive experienced contributor for years and wont argue a point when there is no point.

There are many things that make a good boat. Ride is only one of them but not always the reason to purchase.
    I have been in boats that ride very well but not nice when on anchor. Carribean i believe produced a 24 degree hull but went back to a 21 for that reason.
    Who agrees to who is not the reason for this thread but what else people look for in their 6m boats.
    Thanks to those that have contributed i enjoy reading their thoughts.
    Cheers
    Stu

he did argue, but just didn't back it up unfortunately. I bet many other people are interested in his claims, but everyone misses out