Garmin homeport problems

Hoping someone can help
    I have been trying to enter waypoints into Homeport but when I push the create waypoint button it creates a waypoint with different co ordinates,, have checked the settings, they are on WGS84 and ddmm mmmm, is that right. Have just started using homeport but nothing seems to work right. I am using a G2 card is there something else out there that will let me insert waypoints.
    thankyou
    Doug

Re: Garmin homeport problems

What did the waypoints come out of? At a guess the format is not the same.
    "I soak the worms in rum. The fish love em and the worms die happy"
    "Alcohol is not the solution to your problems...................but then again, neither is milk"

They came out of a Garmin 45DV , so it's all Garmin

Perhaps check using same gps format, eg deg min secs rather than decimal minutes

Crunchy,
    thankyou for your help, just changed the settings over as suggested but didn't help, still changed the entered numbers to something different

Can you give us an exact example of what is occurring. I have had a look through the manual for the Garmin - can't find an example of the default configuration of the position formats. I recall a similar situation with the Bluechart software where it would change the last digit by one - in the real scheme of things it didn't matter but I never figured out why it did it.
    "I soak the worms in rum. The fish love em and the worms die happy"
    "Alcohol is not the solution to your problems...................but then again, neither is milk"

Scottar
    eventually gave up trying to work it out so I deleted the programme this afternoon and then downloaded again, it seems the be working fine at the moment, thankyou very much everyone for your help