Thread: Feeback on Haines Hunter and Caribean used boats

Feeback on Haines Hunter and Caribean used boats

I am looking at a "cheap" boat that we can use to have some fun with the kids, do some skiing, tubing, fishing and general cruising, my long term plan is to get a newer bow rider, but my funds are allocated elsewhere at the moment.
    So I have been looking around for a general purpose glass boat that seats 6 (would not have 6 in it most of the time 2 adults 2 kids), that the hull is in good nick and the motor is to, I understand that it will have normal wear and tear and hours on the clock.

I am looking at spending 7-9k

I have narrowed down my search after speaking to my boat mechanic to Haines Hunter VR16 or Caribean Cobra, he has mentioned both are good hulls and the motors they came with were good.

Of course I need to look for Rot and Engine condition and would probably get someone to do a mobile inspection on it, but does any one have feedback on either of these models, I was looking between 1993 and 1996 models at this stage as they fit my budget.

Feeback on Haines Hunter and Caribean used boats

The Haines 16R is a great allrounder boat. And is capable of skiing and leisure work towing tubes etc. just keep the power up to them. A 115hp would suit it well.

If your not venturing out into the wide ocean and will keep to smooth waterways. Then just about any 16ft boat will fit the task. An older signature, cruise craft, or even the lesser known brands will do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Damo's dodgy boat repairs.
    1993 bermuda by Haines 530f - completed resto.
    1976 cruisecraft rogue 14 - estuary weapon.
    1984 vickers easyrider 156 - future project.

Re: Feeback on Haines Hunter and Caribean used boats

Cheers mate the Haines has a 115 Yamaha on it the Caribbean a 90 Merc so I think either should have enough power for me.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Ausfish mobile app

A cheap boat? Hmm there's a dream 🤔
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

It is compares to spending 30k on a newer Bow rider

Sent from my SM-G920I using Ausfish mobile app