Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TrailBlaza NAV Light Kit

Re: TrailBlaza NAV Light Kit

Noel, Heres my battery lights running i forgot i had the pics on my FB account, notice how bright they are in the afternoon i was hopping to find similar brightness lights that run on smaller batteries

Thanks Homer

Doesn't that low white light make it difficult to see while driving at night?

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Doesn't that low white light make it difficult to see while driving at night?
    That is the anchor light Noel it's only used while anchoring

So, where is your all round white light?

No mate, got me beat why they're called anchor lights.

When you're running you need all lights on, red, green & all round white.
    Need a white light on a tall stick so your body doesn't obstruct it to be legal.

Wheres the red light

Other side of the green....

The railblazer ones are easily that bright I reckon.
    Possibly brighter.

Not sure where here you are but if you are near Caboolture area you can come and have a look at mine before you buy.

Guys its been 15 years since i done my course i think but don't quote me on it but back in the day u only needed red/green lights while moving and white all round light on when anchored hence it being called a anchor light and on old model boats u will find they have 3 way switches for the lighting

Thanks Homer I'm in Sydney mate

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Guys its been 15 years since i done my course i think but don't quote me on it but back in the day u only needed red/green lights while moving and white all round light on when anchored hence it being called a anchor light and on old model boats u will find they have 3 way switches for the lighting

Thanks Homer I'm in Sydney mate
    No mate. Have always required either a steaming/masthead and stern light or on vessels under a certain size, a white all round as well. Most people just chose to ignore the white all round while running as it causes visibility problems for the skipper unless it's mounted up high on a targa or rocket launcher so as to not show any reflected light off the hull. By law it has to be a minimum distance above the running/nav lights - think it's a metre (in Qld at least). There are separate provisions for low speed small boats to just have the white allround.

Gazza the standard light switches have always been...

Pos 1 = OFF
    Pos 2 = White all round light only.
    Pos 3 = Red, Green & White.

Scottar I don't think the All Round White Light is in addition to the Mast Head Light + Stern Light, more so it's an alternative.
    At the end of the day a boat needs to have a White Light visible for 360 Degrees, that can be Masthead + Stern or All Round White not both.

That's the way it was supposed to read for vessels under a certain size. Over a certain size it is a requirement and the all round is only for anchoring.

Fed is correct with the lights but there is one more where vessels greater than 50m needs 2 all round white lights.
    It is set above and abaft of the first one.
    All lights need to be visible from a certain distance depending on vessel size and/or survey class.