Thread: Do Tilapia Take Surface Poppers

Do Tilapia Take Surface Poppers

Just wondering if anyone knows if you can fish surface for them ? Got some nearby that I would like to chase if they do.

Re: Do Tilapia Take Surface Poppers

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Just wondering if anyone knows if you can fish surface for them ? Got some nearby that I would like to chase if they do.
    They take SP's so it is possible they'll take a popper, give it a go and be surprised.

I'v seen it, needless to say, smaller poppers are the go, if its happened once every chance it will happen again

Have seen one take an sx40. never seen Tilapia surface feeding but they do like shallow warm water, but spook real easy.

Local golf course has plenty. But I am only interested in surface cause its such a blast. Ah well, have to stick to chasing murray cod !!

For something different try chasing flathead with poppers, ice had limited success but it's fun to watch them hit.

Yep - done that and its fun Bream too !!

try unweighted plastics fished on the surface. mite be able to tempt a few that way as i have got em on plastics before.

depend on the creek/river and how well their food is... I've seen some that smash surfaces poppers and some that ignore it completely, otherwise there always fearless just cast net them lol