Thread: HDS7 7touch gen 2 fuel used

HDS7 7touch gen 2 fuel used

I hooked my HDS 7 touch gen 2 up to my 2006 yammy via the nmea Iv installed the ep85r and I'm getting some fuel data but I'm after fuel used Iv input the tank size and input motor center for 1 motor or do I need to use the ep60r

Re: HDS7 7touch gen 2 fuel used

You may also have to either "fill tank" or tell it the amount of fuel remaining and possibly select the memory module as the source for this data.

Iv given the fill tank input and I haven't seen anywhere to tell it the fuel remaining
    How do I go about selecting the memory module as a data source

I must be really short,because all this goes straight over my head.
    I take my mower tin down to the boat and fill the tank in the top of the Yamaha then pull the cord.
    Repeat when its empty.
    Mick
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..

Quote Originally Posted by philliplucky View Post
    I hooked my HDS 7 touch gen 2 up to my 2006 yammy via the nmea Iv installed the ep85r and I'm getting some fuel data but I'm after fuel used Iv input the tank size and input motor center for 1 motor or do I need to use the ep60r
    Hey Phil, first up you don`t need the ep60r for this data if your motor outputs it. I think there have been issues with some brands and year of manufacture as to what data (if any) is available, I think yours is OK though. After setting the tank size best to fill the tank and tell the unit to set to full. Next check the device list and make sure the ep85r shows up on the n2k backbone.As Scottar said you then need to select it as the data source for the info you want (some date comes straight from the motor). I run mine as data overlay on the chart and show fuel remaining (tells you fuel used),klm/ltr and ltr/hr. Only had a 80ltr tank on my last boat so would fill up on the way home to compare actual fuel used, this system was always very accurate.

That's what I would like to do I just don't know how where to tell it to get the data from

Settings>network>data sources>vessel>fuel options should be here.

Your ignition needs to be on to interact with the fuel settings. I just clear the "fuel used trip" setting every time I head out. The HDS 7 then counts up from zero. I know how much fuel I have.