Thread: how to update lowrance elite chirp sounder

how to update lowrance elite chirp sounder

ok beeing a complete retard with computer and sounders. do you need to do updates to these units and if so how do i do it.

cheers jake

Ausfish Platinum Member

Re: how to update lowrance elite chirp sounder

Find the Lowrance website and look for Support. there will be a section for Downloads . Find the latest update for your particular model and download it. You can either save it direct to the micro SD card you will be using to update it, or just save it to your desktop and transfer it to the card. Being an Elite, it will only have one slot, so you need to pop the chart card out and use another micro SD card for the upgrade. In fact, you should have one already to do your backups. You do do backups, don't you? DO NOT USE THE CHART CARD. You won't need a very big one, 4gb will do, 10 bucks from the nearest paper shop.Then just stick the card in the plotters' slot, turn it on. The plotter will see it and just do the update for you.
    Simples. In fact, here is the link to the page http://www.lowrance.com/en-au/Software-Updates/

cheers thanks heaps. and no i dont back anything up lol.

Ausfish Platinum Member

Good idea to have a backup, because a unit can just die out of the blue and all your marks will be gone.or if you decide to upgrade, makes it easy. Backup is easy, you'll find it in the menu. We have just been through this in another thread, where I was having issues helping someone transfer marks from an old 90's lowrance to his new Elite-7 TI. Learning experience for both of us. http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...transfer-issue