Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this a good boat cover

Re: Is this a good boat cover

I bought a cover from withworths for around that price, it has been on the boat twice. Fits poorly over the cabin catches water at the front. Get a custom one made and save yourself spending the money twice. Mine sits in the weather now.

Quote Originally Posted by inveratta View Post
    Ihaveoneofthoseaswell,,...butgee they are hard to tow!
    Never tried - rekon the 200's up for the challenge but. Jokes aside, I do have a Sunbrella travel cover as well - one day I might even get around to using it. It took me about 6 months into my boat ownership before I absolutely cracked the sh*ts with soft covers. Ended up having a carport installed at Mum and Dad's and once I moved out it's been sheds since then. Maybe it's just me but as I have gotten older (and time poorer) making the boat easier to use has become a huge priority - even to the point I re manufactured the front of the shed to avoid the twenty minute exercise of lifting or dropping the canopy and clears. The added bonus of keeping the whole show away from prying eyes and greasy mitts doesn't half hurt either. Apart from initial cost and the fact that it may not suit everyone's living situation, IMO there is very little that isn't a positive compared to a soft cover.

I went down to Northside Marine and bought the Oceansouth side console travel boat cover and just test fitted it to my 4.5 bluefin and I must say I am glad I got the 4.5-4.7 version as it fits tight and will probably stretch a little after a bit of use . It feels thick enough and has plenty of tie down points and straps so for $200 I recon it's good value so far , I will give a verdict after a couple of trips but it appears it will be all I need as my boat lives in a garage and I more want my cover for travelling ... Matty
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Hey Matty, there is a mobile guy who also has a shed near Costco at Northlakes, his name is Roger. I'll see if I can find his card.
    "We gave Howard the Arse now we have to fix Rudd"
    "Now we have to sort Gillard" F@?k me RUDD again
    Abbott and Newman what a great next few years "NOT"

"We gave Howard the Arse now we have to fix Rudd"
    "Now we have to sort Gillard" F@?k me RUDD again
    Abbott and Newman what a great next few years "NOT"