Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: best and most powerful VHF marine radio - fixed mount - opinions - inc ariels etc

Re: best and most powerful VHF marine radio - fixed mount - opinions - inc ariels etc

Malby - Whitworths ordered it in especially from their supplier - cost was $350. Probably don't stock them as its more than most want to pay.

K.E.O.G.H.S. also had them for $350 but charge $40 for overnight delivery. No charge from Whitworths although it wasn't overnight delivery either - about 7 days.

I'm using the shakespeare 4187 HD base. No its not removable. But my boat is in a pen 365 days of the year.

Ausfish Bronze Member

Re: best and most powerful VHF marine radio - fixed mount - opinions - inc ariels etc

Mate, I picked up a GME GX600 second hand off gumtree for a carton of Great Northern. The antenna did look a little dusty but I have it mounted on top of the gunwale. I'm in Townsville so geographically this may pose a difference, but I can log on and radio check with Townsville coast guard at my favorite spot at about 25nM off with loud and clear comms. I have no additional amplification seems to do the trick without fault. These bastards are good to go pending weather I have found. Good luck on your search mate, hope I could help!