Thread: 20 Nov 2016 - Moreton Bay (north) schoolies (mackeral)

20 Nov 2016 - Moreton Bay (north) schoolies (mackeral)

Picked up a few yesterday at the beacons. Around the 60cm mark. Would post a photo but they looked alot like others I have caught. Exactly like others in fact!

Dolphins were a little annoying, steeling pillies and live bait. Really ruin the session when they turn up. Lots of acrobatics though which was good to see.

Pleasant day out with a nice trip home across the bay. I think most people got on to some them somewhere.

Nothing else of note.

Re: 20 Nov 2016 - Moreton Bay (north) schoolies (mackeral)

Most people but me! Trolled from Green Island up the inside of Harries to the Rous leads then back down the other side over the spoil ground, down to the Hope Beacon for five hours and nothing. One WAY undersized schoolie ALMOST made it into the boat and I got bitten clean off once, but that was it. I think I'm the only bloke in the bay at the moment who can't boat a mack! Using good Delta board paravanes and 3.5inch spoons like I'm told to......nothing.
    Should have gone to the sandhills and trolled the Blue Hole. 20-20 hind sight.

drpete,I find you normally only hook up on the parvains and spoons in water up to 10 mtr..I normally troll them in 5-10mtrs water only,tide changes are best
    9/ 2016-8/2017 crab count
    604 sandies
    7 muddie
    0 rock crab
    0 coral crab

sorry drpete. i guess of the boaties i came across yesterday most seemed to have landed something