Thread: Weather website - Windytv

Weather website - Windytv

Hi all,
    One of my crew put me onto a pretty cool weather website which is worth checking out
    www.windytv.com

I'm usually a stickler for the bom site but this one is easy to use with a lot more information that is accessible on one page.

Haven't been using it long but so far so good.

Regards

Richo

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Weather website - Windytv

Richo, it seems to work ok, i've been using it for a few years, especially for the long range week out trends and i find it pretty handy,
    Scott

Way out. Saying 12knts at Double island today on that windy tv and reality is 25's.lol. Allways go by charts and forget the pretty colours. Windfinder is another sight full of bright colours to confuse us more but it's another weather system run by overseas,Europe or america, can't remember off the top of me head but it's not australian data. Bom is also data from another country until you get 3 days away and the forecast then diverts back to australian data. I have always been sceptical of pretty weather sights and where the data is actually coming from.

Yep tend to agree when it comes to pretty colors and fancy sites Feral Cat.
    It been good for our working area the last couple of weeks and spot on at Thevenard Island in WA at the moment.
    We get the Bom subscription service daily for our current operational area and its pretty hard to beat.

The Seabreeze site has been very good to us for the Jervis Bay winds. Times can vary a bit but still pretty close.
    Throw in one of Alby McCracken's parachute sea anchors and we end up with some good hauls of flathead, often everyone else has buzzed off home.