Thread: Pumicestone Flats

Pumicestone Flats

Great to see some fresh reports on here! For those of us not on Facebook due to the scourge on society that it is, thanks.

My add, passage today, didn't get a touch for the 1st hour then bagged in half an hour just before low trolling hard bodies.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture22.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	114726Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture23.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	114725

Re: Pumicestone Flats

Nice report and good fishing with the Northerlies blowing .Is that a Micro Mullet ? If so i have not seen that colour.

Well done dezzer, I cant troll in the passage, I find the weed that makes your lure pop up drives me crazy.

Gotta love the micro mullets, flathead catching machines! - and made close by in Caloundra too.

Blog Entries

Has been a bit tough scoring some of the flat ones with the northerlies blowing. I have found they will bite at the bottom of the tide but then shut down.

Good stuff Dezzer

Nice flatties Dezzer. Agree totally with the facebook comment. I havn't trolled for flatties in years but found the micromullet and attack hardbodies in bumblebee colour a real winner. Nice bag of tasty fish.

Ausfish Silver Member jackson4300's Avatar

Some nice flatties there, well done! How big did that middle one go?

Quote Originally Posted by Giveitacrack View Post
    Nice report and good fishing with the Northerlies blowing .Is that a Micro Mullet ? If so i have not seen that colour.
    Yes it is, pink/purple it's called. Anything with pink underneath seems to be the go.
    Local business plug:
    https://www.livelyluresonline.com.au...g/micro-mullet

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    Well done dezzer, I cant troll in the passage, I find the weed that makes your lure pop up drives me crazy.
    Hi mate

Yeah it can be rotten at times, and was the other day. Seems you can always find somewhere with a bit less though. My latest toy is an electric (XI5) that can record routes which gives you 2 hands to work and de-weed a couple of rods. Brilliant bit of kit.

Quote Originally Posted by jackson4300 View Post
    Some nice flatties there, well done! How big did that middle one go?
    Not sure exactly, all a good pan size 50 to 60ish.

Nice score on the Flatties but you are very wrong on the FB call. One of the best fishing tools I have!