Thread: Bagged Out

Bagged Out

I had a late start this morning the sun was well and truelove up before i hit the water and was out fishing by 7am.

Bait of choice was pillies on an unweighted gang in the hope of some Mackerel but I reckon the water is too dirty in the southern bay at the moment - lots of green/yellow power all over the water sometimes quite dense - coral spawn?

Anyways fishing not water quality is what we are here for - so first cast I was onto a nice tailor going 40cms he must have been late going home or something :-)

Didn't have to wait long for the next fish which put a good fight up on 10lb line and soon a nice fat bay Snapper in the boat measuring 44cms. Dinner sorted> Mrs will be happy(ish). Next fish was a similar model but 1 cm longer who absolutely inhaled the gang hook. I had the bait jig out and there was very little action on it until a big yakka caught itself so fresh livies I thought - out under a balloon he goes.

Whilst I was tying the balloon on the little rod takes off like a stinker and I thought the Macks had turned up but by the weight and the head shakes I knew it was a good Snap but since I was only in 9m I had better get him in before he heads to the bottom so a bit of heave ho and up comes the fish of the day 0- very nice snap going 55cms.

Shortly after that his little brother (45cm) was on board and that was he bag done so went and chased some birds around but could not get a hit.

45 minute wait at he ramp whilst the bi annual boaties sorted their assh*les from their elbows - load your boat up before you put it in the water as a good tip.....anyway home by 12.30 so a very casual but rewarding Sunday fish.

Ausfish Silver Member

Re: Bagged Out

Sounded a great day/ session- well except for the boat ramp stuff. Well done

Ausfish Silver Member jackson4300's Avatar

Re: Bagged Out

Thats a great session, can't get much better by catch than that. Did you get any interest on the yakka under the balloon at all?