Thread: The Heat is on

The Heat is on

The heat is on alright, this is about the time of year my boat goes into hibernation till autumn coz its so dam hot on the water, only way is to get in early and out before 10 but that also means limiting drinks the night before, today we hit Donnybrook around 5.45am, should have been there an hour earlier but my wife was unmoveable before 4.45am, great conditions on the water but I find the flathead bite far less from now till autumn , got smacked by a nice girl that was not far off 70cm and a few smaller models, also a first for me sweetlip from the area, lots of boats on the water today and for some reason clouds of butterflies all heading north east, must have been a big hatching, when I get somebody to show me how to set up the go pro I was given for fathers day I will start getting some good vids but for now a few pics will do.
    Will have to start hitting Mud island early again to try for snapper to escape the heat but sadly my last 5 snapper trips have been fishless..
    Also a mate at Bribie carpeted my seats and that made fishing a lot more comfortable, those aluminium seats can get pretty hot..
    All fish caught on my 3kg outfit and my favourite flatty plastic, atomic prong in pumpkin seed on a 1/4 oz jighead..
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nov5.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	114687   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nov1.jpg 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	114683   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nov7.jpg 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	114685   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nov3.jpg 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	114684   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nov8.jpg 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	114686  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nov2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	114688  

Re: The Heat is on

Yum sweetlip 👍

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mdr12866 View Post
    Yum sweetlip 

It would have been yum if it was legal but I wasn't sure what legal for sweeties is but I'm pretty sure its more than 27cm lol..
    And hope you got out today mark, your fishing stories are getting a tad rare these days..!!!!

Nope didn't get out today. Slightly hung over from last night 😁 😁

Quote Originally Posted by mdr12866 View Post
    Nope didn't get out today. Slightly hung over from last night  

Yep ditto here too, that's why I get the wife to drive lol, she hates driving with the boat ad I get warned every time but when we are leaving I pull the old " just to be sure honey you better drive" lol...

I know you had the seats carpeted but spring for a couple of proper seats with backs in them - makes a tinny so much more civilized. Who knows - you might even persuade your deckie to get up a bit earlier

Ausfish Silver Member jackson4300's Avatar

Sounds like it was still a nice trip!
    I like the warmer weather, especially for night trips, don't have to worry about taking warm clothes.