Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It all started with a trip to the Brisbane boat show

Re: It all started with a trip to the Brisbane boat show

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean_Spirit View Post
    Nice mate...!

A very sweet set-up and all done to a standard.

Just one observation (and I don't mean to be 'Rude'). Your WOT seems about 23km/hr down on my Victory...
    MAATE!
    As my wife often says , Faster doesnt mean better!

We cant all have the builder allow for a 500hp donk on these things.

How is your econ at the moment?
    I just finished doing 250km in these most recent tests - all on the main tank.
    I still have a 50 litre subtank to go. So in my normal fishing condtions ,and not driving at 6000rpm , I should have a MAX range over 320 km.

Cheers
    Brendan

Very true!

haha - I prefer not to look at my fuel gauge (but admittedly I cannot come close to the Zuke). Scottar, how much weight can a drone carry. Might need to rig up a GPS guided fuel drone!

yeah its all a compromise.

fuel figures not as spectacular in the sloppy 1m crap this morning.just a jog out to Flinders and back from scarby for 51 litres.
    total. 2 guys and 220 litres fuel plus water and junk. It wasnt pretty but cheaper than I am used to.

Quote Originally Posted by tenzing View Post
    yeah its all a compromise.

fuel figures not as spectacular in the sloppy 1m crap this morning.just a jog out to Flinders and back from scarby for 51 litres.
    total. 2 guys and 220 litres fuel plus water and junk. It wasnt pretty but cheaper than I am used to.
    It's good going. I went from Vic Pt out to the Cathedrals, to the One Mile back to Point Lookout, over to the coffee rock at the bottom of Moreton and back to Vic Pt on about 110 Litres. Current was CRANKING (couldn't hold bottom with a pound at the One Mile) and the fish were very uncooperative. Nice boat ride back but it was shite this morning. Do you have trim tabs Brendan? What sort of numbers are you getting just on plane?

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    It's good going. I went from Vic Pt out to the Cathedrals, to the One Mile back to Point Lookout, over to the coffee rock at the bottom of Moreton and back to Vic Pt on about 110 Litres. Current was CRANKING (couldn't hold bottom with a pound at the One Mile) and the fish were very uncooperative. Nice boat ride back but it was shite this morning. Do you have trim tabs Brendan? What sort of numbers are you getting just on plane?
    Don't mind me - just looked at the pics again - you do have tabs - what size? When it gets really crappy, where are you running the tabs and at what revs/speed are you starting to fall off the plane?. I refitted my permatrim last night. In the slop this morning the reduction in boat speed required to hold plane made for a much more pleasant trip than last Friday and although it reduces the outright maximum achievable economy, when it is crappy, I think overall it saves fuel as the attitude of the boat is better. I still run the tabs as well - fully down and reduce tab as required to correct any lean as such. It took a while to wrap my head around this as the mindset was more tab = more drag = more fuel. Didn't turn out to be the case as the improvement in hull efficiency created by achieving the extra lift is a greater influence. I am achieving a comfortable clean plane with the tabs and foil at about 2900 RPM and a boat speed of about 30Kph.

Bennets 9x12
    plenty of surface area.it would need to be nasty to run full tab down.
    mostly up on the way home, just one side for lean. maybe 50-60% on the way into the shit this morning.
    the big elephant ears on this four blade get it up bloody quick. Dont know exactly but planing mid 3's?

Still love the indicator switch on the bennets, whatever anyone else thinks

I'm running the same size in Lectrotabs - also with the indicator - so easy. In rough weather I regularly run full tabs down for the stern lift and if it gets really crap, tuck the leg in with the permatrim as well. Maybe it's just me being a powder puff LOL. Quite happy to tonk along slowly on the pilot sitting down. Hard to compare on rpm's with the Zuk given their reduction. No way in hell the 200 Etec would swing a 22" 4 blade. Currently running a large bladed 3 blade in a 17.

Be interesting one day to get the three Victory's side by side for a comparison if you are interested.

Happy to compare boats one day. Might be fun!

If my maths is right your 17" prop equates to a 22.8 on the zuke with the bigger gear reduction.
    So things are pretty close.

You certainly notice the arse lift with the 4 blade.
    In fact at wot on Friday there was a noticeable lift in the bum when I put the throttle down.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean_Spirit View Post
    Very true!

haha - I prefer not to look at my fuel gauge (but admittedly I cannot come close to the Zuke). Scottar, how much weight can a drone carry. Might need to rig up a GPS guided fuel drone!
    Just more Jerry cans mate. Ever watched the fail army clip on drones LOL.'

Quote Originally Posted by tenzing View Post
    Happy to compare boats one day. Might be fun!

If my maths is right your 17" prop equates to a 22.8 on the zuke with the bigger gear reduction.
    So things are pretty close.

You certainly notice the arse lift with the 4 blade.
    In fact at wot on Friday there was a noticeable lift in the bum when I put the throttle down.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    Sounds like a plan. I will chat to Andrew about it. We have a family day trip to tangalooma or Tipplers on the cards once he is back on deck. Might be a perfect opportunity.

I'm keen to catch up as well, would be great to see different setups as well , Wonder if Andrew might have a chance to find the G2 powered Seafarer as well??

Sure Seppo, the more the merrier. Don't know about the G2 - think it lives down the coast now. I will talk to him about it. Will keep you in the loop as to when - might be a few months or so due to family commitments.