Thread: Removing Anti Foul

Removing Anti Foul

Soon going to start a project on a Yalta Odessa 2000 I bought really cheap.
    It has antifoul on the hull.

Keen to get ideas from people with experience. I've test patched with standard paint stripper which worked but will be tedious. Has anyone used the product called Peel Away?

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Re: Removing Anti Foul

Get it soda blasted, easiest way to remove,

There is nothing easy, except getting someone else to do it! sanding is hard, but works, paint stripper is messy, but it works, just make sure you get the right stuff to suit your hull (alloy or glass) sand/soda blasting works, but make sure whoever does it knows what they are doing.

[QUOTE=odes20;1622953]Soon going to start a project on a Yalta Odessa 2000 I bought really cheap.
    It has antifoul on the hull.

Keen to get ideas from people with experience. I've test patched with standard paint stripper which worked but will be tedious. Has anyone used the product called Peel Away?

Yep tried the Peel Away and it only help remove the actual anti-foul. The undercoat just laughed at it. Out with the wet sander for many hours. Well worth the time once you finish and I can tell you it was a happy day when I finished.

Quote Originally Posted by brett62 View Post

Yep tried the Peel Away and it only help remove the actual anti-foul. The undercoat just laughed at it. Out with the wet sander for many hours. Well worth the time once you finish and I can tell you it was a happy day when I finished.
    You anywhere near finished yet Brett??

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    You anywhere near finished yet Brett??
    Mate I finished that part of the project.

Caustic oven cleaner and a pressure cleaner.
    Stubborn bits use a green scouring pad.
    Did a 7 meter glass boat, took a solid week or so