Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sunshine Coast New Boat - what to get?

Re: Sunshine Coast New Boat - what to get?

Quote Originally Posted by mitc69 View Post
    then get an aussie whaler tri hulls, they should have alot less tunnel slap... tunnel slap is normal
    Super idea - replace one tunnel .......... with two. Probably not. Tunnel slap is definitely normal. I have only seen/worked on one cat where tunnel slap would be considered abnormal - the tunnel was built high enough to stop it occurring in all bar the absolute worst conditions but when your rig is 90' long that is possibly a bit easier to do. In the meantime I found an easier way - buy a mono.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Maybe it's just me. Anything in my rig that makes noise over and above what needs to be there (thank fully crap like radios etc have an off switch) tends to get the short shift real quick. I like to think I resemble something close to remotely normal though
    it absolutely does "need" to be there so that you can maintain 23+knots in the chop when the mono's are coming off the plane.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

For the extra 5 or 6 knots, I guess I will just have to put up with the peace and quiet. Oh well. When it gets a bit choppy "George" usually drives so I can sit back and relax. We just take our time and plug away.

Try Luke from Dolphin Marine I got my 5.3 Whittley on a trailer & 2 stroke 90 Mercury for $19,000