Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Vacum Sealer Machine

Re: Which Vacum Sealer Machine

Quote Originally Posted by soulfish View Post
    I really don't see the fuss with a cryovak machine,i have owned 3 all have been a pain in the ass...don't ask me what brands because I threw them to the shithouse years ago..i just put a feed in a freezer bag, place the bag with fillets half under water then roll the bag up all air disperses..i do this to six freezer bags of fillets then place them in a zip lock bag then zip it closed with 1cm gap remaining ,then hold bag under water with unsealed corner just above water...then when all air has escaped zip the last cm..there you have it double cryovacked for a poofteenth of the cost ,& no hassle of bags not sealing properly when they suck out moisture & wont seal..just my experience each to their own but I'm never going back to a cryovack machine,fish keeps first class....cheers
    Spoken like a true whiting fisherman

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Spoken like a true whiting fisherman
    Tony I have some whiting in the freezer that's 12 months old for you to try..you must be sick of eating hussar by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    I have both also, still think the sunbeam pulls down a bit more although is noisier and overpriced. There's no need to prefreeze your meat, just place it in freezer bags first, I will make mine in meal size for us (we seem yo eat less these days) and often get 2 or 3 into a cryovac bag, cut the bag open when necessary, remove one portion and reseal. For bigger items I save the bag and use it for bait, comes in handy when I buy boxes of IQF pills etc. I'm currently trying GoBetween sheets instead of fresher bags, verdict is pending.
    I pre freeze as think it gets more air out and gives a better seal but thats just me. Freeze all my soups and stews first as that saves any liquid coming out. I to pack for just the 2 of us but this time there is 6 and a half.(grand daughter). I do most of my veggies as well- pumpkin, fresh beans,zuchinni, carrots etc. No cauliflower, broccoli or cabbage as it smells after a couple of days. I love my Vac sealers-both brands work well and have put in an order for a battery operated one to take camping with us. Will see if Hubby complies and buys me one for my birthday.
    Mrs H

Tony I have some whiting in the freezer that's 12 months old for you to try..you must be sick of eating hussar by now.
    Mate, if only I could catch hussar...........

Should still be OK for snapper bait 😈

Must look & taste like dirty Vietnamese river cod by then

20170401_145025.jpg20170401_145028.jpg20170401_145040.jpg

Hi all
    This is my latest addition thanks to the kids. Rechargeable from cig lighter,240 or usb. Pork fillets i did to try it out. Works a treat.

Mrs H

I really don't see the fuss with a cryovak machine,i have owned 3 all have been a pain in the ass...don't ask me what brands because I threw them to the shithouse years ago..i just put a feed in a freezer bag, place the bag with fillets half under water then roll the bag up all air disperses..i do this to six freezer bags of fillets then place them in a zip lock bag then zip it closed with 1cm gap remaining ,then hold bag under water with unsealed corner just above water...then when all air has escaped zip the last cm..there you have it double cryovacked for a poofteenth of the cost ,& no hassle of bags not sealing properly when they suck out moisture & wont seal..just my experience each to their own but I'm never going back to a cryovack machine,fish keeps first class....cheers
    I love your passion about the subject, but I have never seen anyone get so upset about a plastic bag or a vacuum sealer. I want you to stand up, suck in some air and chill brother. We've already lost too many good Aussies.... suck in some air and chill? Sh*t - what have I just said?

I was at the Nambour Caravan, Camping and Fishing show today and one stall holder was selling a different type of vacuum sealer. The bags were double zip locked with valve in one corner through which a small extract was applied. Certainly useful for caravaners and campers as the bags were reusable up to 200 times. Sorry I didnt get any photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Ronnie H View Post
    20170401_145025.jpg20170401_145028.jpg20170401_145040.jpg

Hi all
    This is my latest addition thanks to the kids. Rechargeable from cig lighter,240 or usb. Pork fillets i did to try it out. Works a treat.

Mrs H
    Now that I looked closer to your pics it was very similar

Recently bought some of the PAC food bags and rolls. Holy cow, I had no idea what I had been missing out on. Can feel the difference straight away in the quality of the material. Will never go back to the cheap ebay or even sunbeam bags again.

PAC bags are the go ...world of difference

BigE

Well the old Breville shat itself and as luck would have it Aldi had some as I walked past. Has a built in roll cutter and roll storage, manual vac and seal buttons, wet and dry food settings. Got a 3 year warranty. Guess we will see.

Keeps things in good condition for over 2 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁