Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Vacum Sealer Machine

Re: Which Vacum Sealer Machine

Scroman, I'd have to check but I buy 1000 at a time as I use them for everything, give them a free call on 1800 823 200. I know they are a lot cheaper than trying to buy the sunbeam bags, they also have rolls which are great if you want to keep a fish whole, don't forget to trim the fins or at least wrap them with paper towels to stop the bags being punctured.

Quote Originally Posted by scroman View Post
    G'day TheRealAndy - just a question about the bags - what 'micron' size bags do you use? I will be storing mainly meat and fillets 90% of the time? and is the cost ok?
    What dignity posted!

I get emails from them regularly with specials, they only used to stock one thickness, now I think they have a thicker bag. I use the ones Dignity uses and have never had a problem.

Its worth keeping a roll handy as well. cause sometime you occasionally have something that wont fit into one of the bag sizes you have!

EDIT: and the prices for the quality are the best I have found so far. I too buy in boxes of 1000.

I got the aldi one, haven't had any problems with it.
    what a sad sad AB

That's great boys - I'm sweating on it like a gypsy with a mortgage!
    Early Xmas present for me!
    Thanks

http://www.crazysales.com.au/online-...olls-1011.html

try that one. I have had one for 10 years. Gets heaps of work. On special For $ 80.
    David

Has anybody used the Dometic 12v unit? How do these go?

I have a sunbeam one that does the job. Only issue I find is that when sitting a doing large lots it seems to overheat on the element and you have to wait for it to cool down which can slow the process up somewhat. I've been buying ebay rolls and it's a bit hit and miss with failures, so have taken to sealing twice to try to reduce, will give the Pac Foods bags / rolls a go.

G'day
    The maxkon in the link above is very good and great design with inbuilt roll holder/cutter. I've got a couple of them and had another that the element died. after about 6 years of frequent use. A little research couldn't find me a better value sealer so I replaced the failed one with a new maxkon. On the crazy sales page, rating 5 out of 5 over 400 reviews, one of them is mine

Cheers
    Rod

G'day Rod - where doe you get your bags / rolls from?
    Cheers,
    Troy

G'day Troy
    I have bought all my rolls from online sellers, mostly ebay. I always check what they say about quality, have bought from numerous sellers, last one was topshore on ebay. No issues apart from when I try to seal whole snapper
    Cheers
    Rod

I 2nd the PAC foods unit & bags. Great quality and cannot kill the cryvac unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll second the cheapo Aldi vac packer. I've put through half a dozen deer, a whole cow and tens of kilo's of fish and it's still holding up fine. I double seal all mine because you definitely do get the odd one that lets go but the double seal sorts that out. For $30 I don't mind if it shits itself but a couple of years in and it's still awesome.

+1 for the Aldi vaccum sealer, mine has been going for 3 years now. I buy 5 packs of rolls or envelopes once per year and vaccum seal around 10-20 times per month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone.
    I know its a little late but I have 2 Sunbeam sealers and one I bought from Aldi. Hate to admit it but like my Aldi one the best out of them all. Nothing wrong with Sunbeam-I bought the first one about 10 years ago and still going strong but the Aldi one has a couple more features on it. Aldi bags work fine in the Sunbeam and are half the price and also Kmart bags also work in both. For better results I freeze all my meat in ordinary bags before Vac Sealing.
    Mrs H

Mrs H.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Ronnie H View Post
    Hi Everyone.
    I know its a little late but I have 2 Sunbeam sealers and one I bought from Aldi. Hate to admit it but like my Aldi one the best out of them all. Nothing wrong with Sunbeam-I bought the first one about 10 years ago and still going strong but the Aldi one has a couple more features on it. Aldi bags work fine in the Sunbeam and are half the price and also Kmart bags also work in both. For better results I freeze all my meat in ordinary bags before Vac Sealing.
    Mrs H

Mrs H.
    I have both also, still think the sunbeam pulls down a bit more although is noisier and overpriced. There's no need to prefreeze your meat, just place it in freezer bags first, I will make mine in meal size for us (we seem yo eat less these days) and often get 2 or 3 into a cryovac bag, cut the bag open when necessary, remove one portion and reseal. For bigger items I save the bag and use it for bait, comes in handy when I buy boxes of IQF pills etc. I'm currently trying GoBetween sheets instead of fresher bags, verdict is pending.

I really don't see the fuss with a cryovak machine,i have owned 3 all have been a pain in the ass...don't ask me what brands because I threw them to the shithouse years ago..i just put a feed in a freezer bag, place the bag with fillets half under water then roll the bag up all air disperses..i do this to six freezer bags of fillets then place them in a zip lock bag then zip it closed with 1cm gap remaining ,then hold bag under water with unsealed corner just above water...then when all air has escaped zip the last cm..there you have it double cryovacked for a poofteenth of the cost ,& no hassle of bags not sealing properly when they suck out moisture & wont seal..just my experience each to their own but I'm never going back to a cryovack machine,fish keeps first class....cheers