Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barramundi Dams

Re: Barramundi Dams

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky89 View Post
    Any certain colours in hard body or soft plastics that work well in Kinchant?
    My preference has been lures with lots of flash ...... the dam can be very clear & I've seen plenty of barra move towards a paused lure . as for plastics my most successful lure & colour has been berkley hollowbellies - anything with green ...... Also squidgy slick rigs (evil minnow - purple)

I'd just try to stick with natural colours (for plastics) .... more important is the vibration

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky89 View Post
    Any certain colours in hard body or soft plastics that work well in Kinchant?
    Dont think there is a bad colour hollow belly. This would be my favourite along with jig head.

and have a go at the 2 deadly as well mate. Ton of fun popping and slow retrieve in the shallow water in low light

IMG_0036.jpgIMG_0036.jpgIMG_0037.jpg
    Cheers

Steven

Not Kinchant - but totally agree with the hard bodies - most successful gold and then silver by a pretty big margin over everything else. Our most successful subsurface plastic would be the black/gold squidgy slick rig (re-rigged weedless). Surface frogs - really doesn't seem to matter - caught fish on green, yellow, black and white.

From reports , kinchant is fishing pretty slow aswell as faust. Fished kinchant late September and caught fish frogging in water less than a metre. Reports from those dams are recent,they will fire again but when is always a punt. Hot tip is awoonga is producing good fish and small ones casting standing timber and weed edges.I will certainly be making a trip or two there before the year ends.

Matt.