Thread: Nautilus Marine Insurance premium increase by 26%

Nautilus Marine Insurance premium increase by 26%

Nautilus sent the renewal notice and the wife read it and saw they were giving us a 30% no claim bonus. She thought they were looking after us and almost paid it but there was an email address error and they would not deal with her. When I looked at the renewal and then checked the last one and it had increased by 26.75%. Seem ironic they give you the bonus and then jack the price up, probably hoping you don't check. I spoke to a lady at Nautilus to see if there was a mistake and she dropped it a bit but not enough for me to renew with them so went with RACQ who were the same price as Nautilus last year.
    Check your renewal notice.

TMC

Re: Nautilus Marine Insurance premium increase by 26%

insurance.....smoke and mirrors.....

The cheapest insurance policy is not necessarily the best insurance policy. The real value of a policy is when it comes time to claim..

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

I have heard good things about Nautilus when it comes to claims. I have heard the exact opposite with RACQ and Club Marine.

Make sure you read the fine print. I almost changed from Club Marine who I have been with for 20 odd years as the other guys were almost half. I read the fine print and it stated if there is any rust on the trailer it will void your claim. Show me a trailer with no rust. Even new trailers have surface rust on brakes, springs etc so I wasn't willing to take the risk

None of them are perfect and ultimately unless you get a sympathetic assessor you will have a hard time. Club Marine in my experience, are great for new boats but once it has a few years on it, the "market value" appraisal will leave you with steam coming from your ears if you make a claim. Personally I am with RACQ but all my insurance is with them. Hopefully if a claim is required this will give some sort of bargaining chip/leverage.

With insurances, just wondering what people are going for, agreed value or market value?
    Club marine wanted to come out and do a valuation to get agreed value, so we're still at market value.

I'm seriously thinking of dumping my boat insurance next year.

The thing that really annoyed me was I went online as an anonymous customer with the same boat details and value and the quote was $437.
    They tried to charge me $478 on the renewal and this was supposedly with the 30% no claim bonus. My way of thinking is my renewal should have been $437 - 30% no claim bonus = $305.

TMC

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Cat View Post
    The thing that really annoyed me was I went online as an anonymous customer with the same boat details and value and the quote was $437.
    They tried to charge me $478 on the renewal and this was supposedly with the 30% no claim bonus. My way of thinking is my renewal should have been $437 - 30% no claim bonus = $305.

TMC
    Pretty standard for insurance and a whole range of other stuff like pay tv etc. First premium quote cheap to get em in the door and then creep the prices up.

Think most of these mobs play on our busy lifestyles and put those types of bills on the " things to pay pile " without giving it a second thought.

I have in the past with both Allianz and AAMI been provided cheaper quotes inquiring as a new customer as opposed to a current customer in regards to comprehensive insurance on motor vehicles.

AAMI once tried to justify a $140.00 increase to my annual premium when i moved all of 4 blocks, no change of post code was involved and a quieter dead end street with secure garage parking. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    Think most of these mobs play on our busy lifestyles and put those types of bills on the " things to pay pile " without giving it a second thought.

I have in the past with both Allianz and AAMI been provided cheaper quotes inquiring as a new customer as opposed to a current customer in regards to comprehensive insurance on motor vehicles.

AAMI once tried to justify a $140.00 increase to my annual premium when i moved all of 4 blocks, no change of post code was involved and a quieter dead end street with secure garage parking. Go figure.
    Hope you told them that for $140 you could justify a new insurance company. Had a similar conversation with Suncorp post the 2011 floods.

With another mob now same previous benefits and yearly cost.