Thread: Touch screen

Touch screen

Fellas,Have a garmin 751,when I turn it on it does it thing then asks to hit agree works fine then comes up with no transducer as I am not using chirp all good so far,now when I try and open up the charts folder nothing,and all other icons are the same,yet the bottom ones all work only the top ones wont.Its like it wont recognise my touch so to speak.any advie.
    CHEERS THE JUDGE

Re: Touch screen

seems as if you just need to re-calibrate the touch screen

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

I tried that moose but it wont let me open any part of the top screen,going to get some alcohol and give the screen a god clean its as if the screen has like a film on it will give that a go and see what happens

If nothing else works, try a system master reset. From memory on the older units at least, it's accessed by holding a finger on one of the corners after you turn it on (can't remember which corner) while the garmin logo is being displayed at boot up. This WILL delete any user information and settings so if you don't have a back up of your marks you may wish to investigate other things first - possibly a software update - anything that gives the units memory a "kick in the pants".

Quote Originally Posted by bigjudge View Post
    I tried that moose but it wont let me open any part of the top screen,going to get some alcohol and give the screen a god clean its as if the screen has like a film on it will give that a go and see what happens
    All I read "was going to get some alcohol"

A man after my own heart. Nothing a few beers won't fix

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    If nothing else works, try a system master reset. From memory on the older units at least, it's accessed by holding a finger on one of the corners after you turn it on (can't remember which corner) while the garmin logo is being displayed at boot up. This WILL delete any user information and settings so if you don't have a back up of your marks you may wish to investigate other things first - possibly a software update - anything that gives the units memory a "kick in the pants".
    What Scottar said, my gpsmap 70s went all funky on me about 12 moths ago so did a factory reset and started again. All fixed and thankfully i had a backup copy of gps marks