Thread: simrad drive pilot integrated control on a nss evo 2 ??

simrad drive pilot integrated control on a nss evo 2 ??

well i must admit I'm happy with Simrad products but directions etc on this device is not there lawrence has plenty but there different in the controls .!
    so can anyone help me I've just fitted and commissioned the drive pilot has the RC 42 , nac 1 and pump to suit , I'm using the evo 2 to control and standby . There are no instructions anywhere that i can find that explains the buttons on the control !
    fishing patterns i can figure, no pun intended
    and i take A is for auto , point and press, correct me please if I'm wrong.
    but n and nd
    can someone explain?

also very new to this, but should it follow a rout seems to be running beside it up to 30 or more meters, especially after arriving at the next waypoint on the route. i thought it would get back on the route line ? i have only had a ray marine little s1000 and it was great , so thats what I'm comparing maybe this needs more tuning?

Re: simrad drive pilot integrated control on a nss evo 2 ??

Hi catfish 55,
    Have you had a look on YouTube ?
    There is a dedicated Simrad channel with a heap of quick tutorials.
    I've watched most of them - I've got an NNS EVO2 as well, that's where I learned most of what little I know of how to operate the unit.
    I don't have auto pilot though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks EVO , mate I've scoured the net , plenty on lowrance but the controls are completely different !
    Even the so called instructions don't cover much of anything about commissioning or how to control the unit !
    Those vidios are great , but bugger all on the drive pilot?
    Seems to be the way simrad is always late , there'll be something just before its out dated!
    Great products but!
    anyone else out there that can help me?
    PD

Hi Catfish
    How did you get on with the drive pilot? are you liking it?
    Im thinking about putting it in my boat shortly as well.

my experience with the drive pilot is....... okay.... took a few set ups to realise that the system does show its limitations and that splurging more coin for the NAC2 HC or NAC3 pro series set ups does make life better.

that being said.......for a cheap, easy to install set up.. the drive pilot is..... fine??? 5 mooses out of 10

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

The 9 axis compass units seem to be getting really good wraps from all the manufacturers that have gone over to them. To get the best out of the Drivepilot or indeed any pilot though, the "optional" rudder feedback unit or some form of feedback besides virtual really is a necessity - on some boats more than others.