Thread: Best match and price on a 40hp 4stroke for a Savage Jabru 4.35

Best match and price on a 40hp 4stroke for a Savage Jabru 4.35

Hi all,

After starting the conversion from tiller to side console we realised it would be easier to sell or trade in the Merc 30 2 stroke 2012 model and get the max rated hp for this hull with tilt and trim.

Prices so far is 7k for the Suzuki, 7900 for the Merc and aprox 8200 for the Yammy. If anybody has any thoughts, comments or pricing I would be most appreciative.

I am in Vic so would love to hear any better deals out there or even some feedback which engines to choose and what engines to avoid.

Thanks in advance.

Brett

Re: Best match and price on a 40hp 4stroke for a Savage Jabru 4.35

I would jump at that Suzuki pricing biggest cc 4 stroke in that class, 5 year warranty. You can't go wrong.

Just bought one at the start of the year and cAnt fault it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skusto View Post
    I would jump at that Suzuki pricing biggest cc 4 stroke in that class, 5 year warranty. You can't go wrong.

Thanks Skusto was it a 40 hp? That price was not fitted but they allow you to fit and check prior to starting it. Many thanks for the feedback

Brett

Yeah Brett

Paid $7,600.00 in February for one.

The suzuki 40hp is the same as the 60hp of their models just detuned.

Pushes the 429 Rampage with ease tops out at 54km hr.
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Yeah Brett

Paid $7,600.00 in February for one.

The suzuki 40hp is the same as the 60hp of their models just detuned.

Pushes the 429 Rampage with ease tops out at 54km hr.

Thanks it struggled to get on the plane with a few people on board with the 30. If we got 54 kmh I would be wrapt.

Brett

Etec 40 hp also on list. Special this month 1500 off rrp which brings this into calcs at around 7K.

Brett

I'm not a one out board brand person we have a 150 Etec on a larger boat and is greatand has never let us down or anything has been an awesome engine with over 400 hours on it now, but when the etec is the same price as a 4 stroke i cant see the value in it.
    I can guarantee you that if you ever sell the boat you will have trouble selling it with the 40 etec as its only a 2 cylinder motor and is a 2 stroke at the end of the day. the 4 strokes will always sell better in a second hand market.

I considered the etec but like i said i do alot of idling and no matter how good you get a 2 cylinder engine running its still a 2 cylinder engine and will always vibrate. but at the end of the day is always your choice that you have to be happy with.

you could always try Honda as i just bought a 60hp Honda for another boat that i'm getting built and it was the cheapest out of all of them and comes with a 7 year warranty non declining. this was for a 60hp though so i dont know what there 40hp pricing will be like.

Skusto, at the risk of hijacking the thread are you able to let me know what you paid for the Honda fitted? I'm about to buy a 60 up here in Qld. Thanks.

Pm Spaniard king on here and see what price the Hondas are... From what I've read you might be quite surprised.
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

As said mate pm Spaniard king that's who I bought it off!

Thanks Skusto I took your advice. JV Marine had a sale on so with the Suzuki rebate price ended up $6700. Now to get it on our boat and sell the Merc 30 hp.

Brett

That's a great price! you paid $900 less then what we did at the start of the year! im sure you will love it you can barely hear them running when idling there that quiet! eve at cruise you can still talk in the boat unlike the 2 strokes.

The only downside is they are a bit heavier then the 2 strokes so you might have to look at transferring any unnecessary weight to the front like fuel tank etc.

How much do you want for the Merc?
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Will be put on Ebay this week by my brother but if are interested and can save me the hastle 2K (not neg) and it yours. It would have less than 20 hours and only seen salt water once.

PM me if you are interested.

Brett