Thread: Boat motor slowly lowering

Boat motor slowly lowering

Sorry if this has been discussed before, i couldn't find anything on the search.

Got a 150 hp yammy a couple of years old and after the last service a few months ago the motor now slowly lowers when sitting at home until its fully down. It takes a few days and seems to raise up fine again.

Any ideas if this is a problem that will get worst hence should take back to the dealer or can wait until the next service due as not really a big drama.

Cheers
    scott

Re: Boat motor slowly lowering

Not a huge drama, had the same issue with an older carb Evinrude. If you trim the engine just a little higher than you want then give it a little trim down before walking away it should stop the issue until the next service.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

You're likely dealing with a small leak. Fairly common, no need to rush out and repair it if it's not causing you a headache.

Bottom right of the transom shield (probably) is the manual release valve screw. Could have a slight bypass/crap in the valve seat etc. Trim the motor up, then release/loosen the screw a couple of times, then make sure it is done up tight. Might do the trick.
    Cheers
    Brendon

Quote Originally Posted by gofishin View Post
    Bottom right of the transom shield (probably) is the manual release valve screw. Could have a slight bypass/crap in the valve seat etc. Trim the motor up, then release/loosen the screw a couple of times, then make sure it is done up tight. Might do the trick.
    Cheers
    Brendon
    Port side transom clamp has the access to the manual release screw
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

I guessed STB because I thought it would be the same as the 250 yam Garry, but obviously not .