Thread: 1770 Holiday

1770 Holiday

Just got home from 2 weeks at Agnes Waters .
    It's been a couple of years since I fished out of 1770 and in that time the creek has shallowed significantly around the last green beacon heading out of the creek , It's probably time the powers to be , got off their you know what's , and spent a bit of my boat rego money and organised a bit of dredging. This small community relies on fisho's to fund the business's in this small town and I 'd say if nothing is done soon ,there maybe some small business owners doing it tough in the not too distant future. There's no way the Air Sea Rescue vessel could get out off the creek at low tide , let's hope they are not required to do so in an emergency any time soon.

Luckily my boat doesn't draw too much water and I was able to sneak out carefully , even on low water without too much drama.
    On the fishing front .I could only muster up 1 mackerel from 2 trolling attempts in close , and had too rely on trips out to Boult and Fitzroy Reefs to put some fish in the ice boxes.
    Did a fair bit of whale watching as the humpbacks were in very good numbers , had a couple of games of Golf , a visit to the Bundy Rum Factory , a trip out to checkout Awoonga Dam, and caught up with some old friends for a few over due drinks ,
    Here's a few pics of the fishy encounters .
    Regards
    BeastMaster
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blacktailsnapper.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	114433   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coron.jpg 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	114434   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grassysmall.jpg 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	114435   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	red1small.jpg 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	114436   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	red2.jpg 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	114437  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fish table small.jpg 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	114438   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunrise.jpg 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	114439   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redthroat.jpg 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	114440   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parrotsmall.jpg 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	114441  
    Keep Ya Tip UP
    Beast

1770 Holiday

Some nice fish there BM, well done!

I was supposed to be going up this Sat for a week with the PBA boys, but unfortunately this year is not to be for me.
    Cheers
    Brendon

Re: 1770 Holiday

Some nice fish there well done.

Re: 1770 Holiday

Nice! I drove up Saturday night and launched around 1.00am. Headed out wide of Sykes in the deep. Pulled a big red, a couple of nice snapper, a few big Pearls and a nice mixed bag of he usual suspects to make up the weight. Headed back home by lunch time. The fishing was awesome but frankly, with the weather THAT good, I wouldn't have cared if we missed the fish.