Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lack of fishing reports

Lack of fishing reports

Hi all I have been on this forum for a while now and seen quite a few fishing reports and trips being planned and general good conversations but in the last year there has been nothing really posted the odd trip that's it
    something must have happened at the M&G but no reports today's weather perfect not a single report ...

the he only reason I have not posted is due to no time on the water over tax time but the amount of people on this site why is there no reports ? I am considering not renewing my membership

has anybody got any answers?

cheers scott concerned ausfisher
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Blog Entries

Re: Lack of fishing reports

I used to be a prolific poster however I don't report so much now as there are only so many times you can read

flathead
    gulp
    nanofil
    jighead
    etc

when something a bit different is happening I report.

must admit, thre are a lot less reports on Ausfish these days

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    I used to be a prolific poster however I don't report so much now as there are only so many times you can read

flathead
    gulp
    nanofil
    jighead
    etc

when something a bit different is happening I report.

must admit, thre are a lot less reports on Ausfish these days
    Hmmm raincheck??

Anyway,

Maybe life has just been in the way of fishing - certainly has been for me. I don't think you can point the proverbial finger at any M&G. The lack of funding, social media, AFL and NRL grand finals, finding time and just better things to do can play a part in no reports on AF.

Social media e.g. Facebook etc seems to have taken over as easier to post pics etc. Spent the last week at Fraser, plenty of weed around and very few fish, even Fisheries went home early from their stint as not enough fish caught to measure.
    But if you want advice whether it be fishing, boating, 4wd etc this is still the place to go to.

Actually you might be onto something dignity, how easy is it to
    post a pic on fb compared to the convoluted process here?

Its a problem not unique to this site and in fact seems to be a common trait with almost every site I am a member of.

Social media is perhaps the biggest issue in my mind, perhaps simply for the reason Crunchy has signalled.

Other reasons could be that regularly successful anglers get known from their posts & then become targets for the followers looking for easy pickings rather than working on finding their own drops. Perhaps another is that plenty of people read the report but dont take the time to acknowledge the author. This is perhaps not so much the case here as its simple to simply like or thank the author with the click of a button. This is not the case with some others.

Personally, I find this site useful for technical talk on boats, motors, n electronics. Because the site has a very small SA contingent, I have never added a report here. Just figured that you East Coast folk wouldn't be interested in what us Croweaters get up to. The other reason, is that I dont believe in doing a report & then posting it on EVERY site I am a member of. So i tend to post them only to the sites that they would appeal to, ie, kayak trips to kayak forumns, Local trips to the local sites.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coontakinta View Post
    Its a problem not unique to this site and in fact seems to be a common trait with almost every site I am a member of.

Social media is perhaps the biggest issue in my mind, perhaps simply for the reason Crunchy has signalled.

Other reasons could be that regularly successful anglers get known from their posts & then become targets for the followers looking for easy pickings rather than working on finding their own drops. Perhaps another is that plenty of people read the report but dont take the time to acknowledge the author. This is perhaps not so much the case here as its simple to simply like or thank the author with the click of a button. This is not the case with some others.

Personally, I find this site useful for technical talk on boats, motors, n electronics. Because the site has a very small SA contingent, I have never added a report here. Just figured that you East Coast folk wouldn't be interested in what us Croweaters get up to. The other reason, is that I dont believe in doing a report & then posting it on EVERY site I am a member of. So i tend to post them only to the sites that they would appeal to, ie, kayak trips to kayak forumns, Local trips to the local sites.
    So Coontakinta, what's your handle on the shed? 😁

Generally speaking, Ausfish is not just about fishing reports. There are many forums contained within the site and the most popular is Boating. Certainly the fishing reports have dropped off and there are many reasons and as eluded to, other social media influences are at hand. FYI.. Ausfish has a Facebook page.. so does the Agnes Water / 1770 Ausfish M & G.

With access to who visits our site and numbers, it is still clear this remains the number 1 website for recreational anglers in Australia. We still account for thousands of visits per day and the vast majority are looking / reading. Not all folks that visit us are members.

It is the members that make the site what it is...... and in addition to those members are the friendships that are formed via interaction over the web or face to face meetings for fishing trips, 4 x 4 trips, rod building, jet skiing and more. This is where you'll find the greatest value in your Ausfish membership.

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Ausfish is a shadow of its former self unfortunately some of the main posters/contributors left or were driven off (depending on ones point of view) and it has never been the same since.

Quote Originally Posted by bayfisher View Post
    Ausfish is a shadow of its former self unfortunately some of the main posters/contributors left or were driven off (depending on ones point of view) and it has never been the same since.
    spot on^^^^^^.

I think the C&R mob got a bit righteous a few years gone by and a lot of people just didn't really see the point of putting themselves in the firing line of someone else's belief/s ..... I still catch plenty but rarely post pic's now days.

BigE

That's the thing I enjoyed the reports every week as it would fire me up for my next outing .
    you just don't see much fishing oriented talk not even tackle talk. It all boats and tow vehicles which is very usefull
    but the site is called ausfish ..that's only my opinion I no personally have dropped the ball of late but that's through lack of actuall fishing so next outing I'll make sure I post
    cheers scott

Just to wet your appetite, nice snappa from last trip out.

BigE
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a cracker mate nice lump head

Quote Originally Posted by bayfisher View Post
    Chris, it's about time you got out of the bay and came up to the coast for an off shore trip..... then you can post the report
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.