Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lack of fishing reports

Re: Lack of fishing reports

Quote Originally Posted by Short Fuse View Post
    So........... based on post #24 and post #26 in this thread.......

Is anyone still wondering why members rarely post reports on this site anymore?????

Jeff
    No I don't agree there, Jeff. There was always some banter here on AF, and it was part of the value of this forum. And that is coming from someone who has had the pleasure of meeting Moonlighter and both of the Unicorns in person. In fact I go on an annual holiday with one of them.
    Fact is, I would take any of those fellas' advice on fishing, and Thank them for it. And I met them all thru Ausfish.
    I could mention how a bunch of very active contributing members left for another forum some 3 years ago, but that is only part of the story.
    Its a pity that the owner of Ausfish now lives overseas, and there have been almost zero M&G's for the last 3 years.
    It would help a lot if some of the veteran members were inspired to return and help. And real events were planned instead of just keyboard stuff.
    Cheers, Pauly
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Shark Poker View Post
    and there have been almost zero M&G's for the last 3 years.

Cheers, Pauly
    It was only 4 weeks ago that I attended one Paul....enjoyed it a great deal, I do hope they continue with Phill stepping down as key organiser though.

Last M&G I tried to organise I was the only one who turned up LOL, so not really my forte but happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    And here I was thinking that you were the main instigator
    The lurker is back..................

I am happy to keep posting fishing reports. Not every time I go and catch fish as it can get a bit repetitive. There are a couple of spots that I don't post about, not because they are the best, but because the area to fish is very small (e.g. 10 metres)!

My reason for posting is that many anglers believe that it is hard (or impossible) to catch fish off the bank consistently in Moreton Bay, but that is incorrect as my reports, pics and videos show. I know I have positively influenced a few peoples fishing patterns and have contributed in a small way to them catching fish (or gathering bait).

I've got no problem with some friendly banter between members especially who know each other - heck you should see what goes on over in the PBA members forum!

Good humoured and they know to keep the content and language acceptable without needing to be moderated.

As you say it adds character to the forum.

Mojoes and back in black et al are good examples. I use the term "good" loosely, of course

Btw when we were coming back into the creek at 1770 on Tuesday last week, a glass boat about 19ft long totally ignored the 6knot zone and caught up with us at the yacht anchoring areas. Slowed down behind us ta that point.

The boats name?

"Back in Black"

Had pro numbers on the side. Apparently 6 knot zones don't apply to them.

someone doing some moonlighting?
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Caught this with Anchor Drum Winch with 600Kg of brake, he took 40M of anchor warp before I was able to turn him....

Attachment 114601
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moonlighter
    Tonys always trying to throw me under a bus 😉
    Don't listen to a word he says about me Crunchy.

He doesn't do enough fishing Rob, too much time on his hands....

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Caught this with Anchor Drum Winch with 600Kg of brake, he took 40M of anchor warp before I was able to turn him....

Attachment 114601
    Did that break the magic 40kg mark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that's one hell of a Hussar!!!!!!!!
    Well done Crunchy, Tony will be jealous

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    He doesn't do enough fishing Rob, too much time on his hands....
    Maybe has something to do with all the weeds he grows

[QUOTE=Crunchy;1622365]Caught this with Anchor Drum Winch with 600Kg of brake, he took 40M of anchor warp before I was able to turn him....

Attachment 114601[/QUOTE

Obviously the good quality bourbon has dulled your senses. That red looks like it would drag ya boat backward. Lucky you were only fishing light.

Light as i could, 6 mm chain with 10mm nylon

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post

Mojoes and back in black et al are good examples. I use the term "good" loosely, of course
    You need to proof read more. I'm sure you meant to write "Mojoes and Back in Black are loose examples on good terms"

Where is that Knucklehead?
    I told him today I was going to have a few drinks tonight and get online and be invincible
    Oh well back to Candy Crush, seems to be more exciting at the moment