Classifieds

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 55
  1. #16

    Re: Lack of fishing reports

    Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    Just to wet your appetite, nice snappa from last trip out.

    BigE
    here ya go
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

    For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here





  2. #17

    Re: Lack of fishing reports

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmfun View Post
    ... has anybody got any answers? ...
    It's the Internet Scott, everyone has an answer, and they're all always right ...

    As many have eluded to, there are probably many reasons and/or combinations of reasons, and most likely each person that doesn't post so much/at all anymore has slightly different reasons to the next.

    Me, I have a 100% record for posting reports over the last few years, but that's easy when you hardly get out fishing these days. ☹️

    Unfortunately there will be no 1770 report from me this Sept/Oct, but with a bit of luck we may see a few from Short Fuse and Moonlighter etc, as all the PBA boys & girls are up at 1770 this week. Seen a few pics but nothing special just yet. Most are out on an overnighter tonight, so it is very quiet on the texting front.
    Cheers
    Semi-retired ausfish offshore reporter

  3. #18

    Re: Lack of fishing reports

    Thanks Phil
    I'm IT challenged at best. but i can catch fish

    BigE

  4. #19

    Re: Lack of fishing reports

    Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    So Coontakinta, what's your handle on the shed? 
    If you are referring to that "shed" @ West Lakes Funchy, I support the other mob!

  5. #20

    Re: Lack of fishing reports

    Hi Brendon. I am afraid that we will have to rely on Grant (Moonlighter) to supply some pics from this years PBA week at 1770. I never took the camera out of the case as we did not catch any newsworthy fish. Did not put a legal red or trout in the boat this year despite getting out 3 times. Even with 3 day trips we did not fill our coral reef fish bag limit - fell short by 2 fish.

    First 2 trips were plagued by the dreaded north westerlies and the fishing (for us at least) was tough. At least the fish cooperated a bit better on Thursday and we managed to put a good catch together, and ended up with 20 fish in the ice box. We had a good run back to Brisbane this morning. I happy to report that we will be eating some prime reef fish fillets over the coming weeks.

    cheers

    Jeff

  6. #21

    Re: Lack of fishing reports

    That's not good Jeff, but at least you got a few. Besides, there is always next time ... which for you is more than most of us .

    My freezer has been empty of reef fish for too long, so have mentally penciled in a L/weekend raid down the track. Next year's official trip will be just far too long a wait.
    Cheers
    Brendon

  7. #22

    Re: Lack of fishing reports

    As usual the PBA 1770 trip was a great week. This year we had about 22 boats along.

    Great company and an enjoyable stay - great gang of people.

    As Jeff said the weather was less than ideal, and we found that fish numbers were well down on what we caught last year. It was hard work.

    We were lucky and got the best red of the trip, this time my skipper Rod was the one, with a 14.5kg model giving him a decent workout.

    We were unlucky in that we could have had 2 that size- Rod had his fish 2/3 to the boat and I had put my Terez in the rod holder while I readied the landing net. 30 seconds later my rod arcs over and a big fish takes 30m of line against the 20kg of drag on the big Saragossa reel. Wrestled the rod out but quickly realised the fish had taken the line across Rod's line, so opened the bail arm and fee-spooled so we could give priority to getting the first fish on board.

    Netted his fish, untangled my line where it had gone across, and then resumed the fight with my fish, which went every bit as hard as the first one. Had it 3/4 way to the boat and it took a lunge and the leader parted- was roughed up so I suspect the fish had found some reef when I freespooled it. Bugger!

    On Thursday we headed out early on a forecast 10-15kn SW-SE forecast that was supposed to drop out and turn NE after lunch. Well, that 10-15 was really 20-25 so we had a long bouncy trip out to Fitzroy with strong wind and swells on our starboard aft quarter. There were some BIG trenches between them too, but once we had the big Striper trimmed right we were making reasonable speed.

    But conditions outside Fitzroy were very uncomfortable with waves breaking into the transom and with the fish not cooperating we went and hid on the leeward side of Boult reef and fished the shallows for some redthroats and budgies. Not much action though. Thankfully the wind started to drop off so we headed west of Boult to the paddock area and got a few fish, Maori cod and I picked up one just legal Red and then a nice 9kg model, which helped make the esky half-respectable in quality, if not quantity.

    Rod had some fun on a chunky Red Bass which when we first saw it coming up looked like an XOS size trout. Rats again!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

  8. #23

    Re: Lack of fishing reports

    i got a nice coral trout without wetting a line thanks to mate Darryl

  9. #24

    Re: Lack of fishing reports

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    As usual the PBA 1770 trip was a great week. This year we had about 22 boats along.

    Great company and an enjoyable stay - great gang of people.

    As Jeff said the weather was less than ideal, and we found that fish numbers were well down on what we caught last year. It was hard work.

    We were lucky and got the best red of the trip, this time my skipper Rod was the one, with a 14.5kg model giving him a decent workout.

    We were unlucky in that we could have had 2 that size- Rod had his fish 2/3 to the boat and I had put my Terez in the rod holder while I readied the landing net. 30 seconds later my rod arcs over and a big fish takes 30m of line against the 20kg of drag on the big Saragossa reel. Wrestled the rod out but quickly realised the fish had taken the line across Rod's line, so opened the bail arm and fee-spooled so we could give priority to getting the first fish on board.

    Netted his fish, untangled my line where it had gone across, and then resumed the fight with my fish, which went every bit as hard as the first one. Had it 3/4 way to the boat and it took a lunge and the leader parted- was roughed up so I suspect the fish had found some reef when I freespooled it. Bugger!

    On Thursday we headed out early on a forecast 10-15kn SW-SE forecast that was supposed to drop out and turn NE after lunch. Well, that 10-15 was really 20-25 so we had a long bouncy trip out to Fitzroy with strong wind and swells on our starboard aft quarter. There were some BIG trenches between them too, but once we had the big Striper trimmed right we were making reasonable speed.

    But conditions outside Fitzroy were very uncomfortable with waves breaking into the transom and with the fish not cooperating we went and hid on the leeward side of Boult reef and fished the shallows for some redthroats and budgies. Not much action though. Thankfully the wind started to drop off so we headed west of Boult to the paddock area and got a few fish, Maori cod and I picked up one just legal Red and then a nice 9kg model, which helped make the esky half-respectable in quality, if not quantity.

    Rod had some fun on a chunky Red Bass which when we first saw it coming up looked like an XOS size trout. Rats again!
    If a fish took 30m of line at 20kg of drag, it wasnt a red so dont worry!

  10. #25

    Re: Lack of fishing reports

    Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Unicorn View Post
    If a fish took 30m of line at 20kg of drag, it wasnt a red so dont worry!
    Thanks for that thought, but Ive caught enough reds to know when I have one on the line. It was a red, the 14.5kg model took line and fought the same.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

  11. #26

    Re: Lack of fishing reports

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlighter View Post
    Thanks for that thought, but Ive caught enough reds to know when I have one on the line. It was a red, the 14.5kg model took line and fought the same.
    Really? 20kg of drag for Reds?

  12. #27

    Re: Lack of fishing reports

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmfun View Post
    Hi all I have been on this forum for a while now and seen quite a few fishing reports and trips being planned and general good conversations but in the last year there has been nothing really posted the odd trip that's it
    something must have happened at the M&G but no reports today's weather perfect not a single report ...

    the he only reason I have not posted is due to no time on the water over tax time but the amount of people on this site why is there no reports ? I am considering not renewing my membership

    has anybody got any answers?

    cheers scott concerned ausfisher

    hanging in on a worn trace....the fracture hurt..the healing hasnt...what was...
    love this site, the people, the reports, the info....
    i'm guilty of not been here as much as should...but....times change, as people....when i joined here there was no FB, this was the site...
    fishing that is....members had rules....other platforms = disrespect/attack and so on...mods had no control so splatttt...
    oh well...#### it i might go fishing
    Cheers,
    Chong

    Team C
    Still@ C

  13. #28

    Re: Lack of fishing reports

    So........... based on post #24 and post #26 in this thread.......

    Is anyone still wondering why members rarely post reports on this site anymore?????

    Jeff

  14. #29

    Re: Lack of fishing reports

    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Unicorn View Post
    Really? 20kg of drag for Reds?
    And it starts again..............

  15. #30

    Re: Lack of fishing reports

    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    And it starts again..............
    And here I was thinking that you were the main instigator

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us