Thread: Micro sd cards for lowrance

Micro sd cards for lowrance

Hi guys, just wondering what size sd cards your running for insight genesis and saving way points etc! Was thing 16gb but would that be to small?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Micro sd cards for lowrance

16Gb ? like how many waypoints does one need far more important is the quality of the card and unfortunately general run of the mill cards are sub standard. If you consider your data important (and who doesn't) then always consider SLC cards

Quote Originally Posted by SatNav View Post
    16Gb ? like how many waypoints does one need far more important is the quality of the card and unfortunately general run of the mill cards are sub standard. If you consider your data important (and who doesn't) then always consider SLC cards
    More the insight genesis, not sure how much each lake/dam takes up?

Quote Originally Posted by toddo1 View Post
    More the insight genesis, not sure how much each lake/dam takes up?

The question was if you consider your data to be important re consideration of SLC technology? The best MicroSD storage available is limited to around 8GB at around A$200 each, do you consider your data to be important or not? If not then your question is rather meaningless be it 16gb or 64gb

Quote Originally Posted by toddo1 View Post
    Hi guys, just wondering what size sd cards your running for insight genesis and saving way points etc! Was thing 16gb but would that be to small?

SatNav - this was the original question. ^^^^^^

Toddo, my unit has sd card slots, not micro card.
    I have a 16gb card only because of what was in the house at the time. If you compare the East coast of Aust Garmin mapcard is only (roughly) 1.8gb, then with a 16gb card, you can pretty much map a dam, then transfer to a computer. If you map the entire dam, then you may need to take extra fuel....

30kb - is about 1000 waypoints. After the software upgrade my settings have been reset, so I can't give you accurate figures on route storage.

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    Toddo, my unit has sd card slots, not micro card.
    I have a 16gb card only because of what was in the house at the time. If you compare the East coast of Aust Garmin mapcard is only (roughly) 1.8gb, then with a 16gb card, you can pretty much map a dam, then transfer to a computer. If you map the entire dam, then you may need to take extra fuel....

30kb - is about 1000 waypoints. After the software upgrade my settings have been reset, so I can't give you accurate figures on route storage.
    Got hds 12 gen 3 which only fit micro cards! Thanks mate that was what I was after, much appreciated!