Thread: Are Haines Hunter 650 hulls suitable for shoot through transducers?

Are Haines Hunter 650 hulls suitable for shoot through transducers?

Reason I ask is because the literature says shoot-through set ups not suitable for laminate type hulls, only suitable for 100% fibreglass hulls, I think the haines hunters are some kind of laminated structure? I may have to go for through-hull but would prefer shoot-through as there are enough holes in the hull already!

Re: Are Haines Hunter 650 hulls suitable for shoot through transducers?

P79 worked fine..

Regards
    Honda.

Unfortunately Crunchy, there is only two ways to find out. Try it or take a core sample to check the hull (and then stick a transducer in the hole). Even with some "solid" glass hulls I have had issues over the years. Some manufacturers lay up techniques end up creating a substrate change which simply kills the performance. Since the advent of the tilted element transducer, the number of shoot through installations dropped markedly. If the hull has a inner liner that is smooth like it has been molded, then it definitely needs to be a through hull.

I've got a current spec 600r Haines hunter. I run a m260 shoot through on my furuno 585 no problems, clear bottom image past 35 knots offshore. No problems with depth where I fish haven't been past 100m yet but all good for where I am, can easily mark bait and bigger fish.
    The bottom of the HH hulls is pure fibreglass ( flowcoated inside ) , the divynicell laminate is in the sides.

Cheers