Thread: Simrad System Setup Advice Please

Simrad System Setup Advice Please

Hi Guys,

I bought a Simrad package and need some install advice. In the package includes

HS35
    RS35
    Sonic Hub
    OP40 Controller
    NSS12 EVO2
    4G Radar
    Go Free
    Network Expansion Port
    2x N2k Connector - 0119-79
    1x N2K 4 Way Connector - 12612-001
    1x N2K - EXP RD-2 - 0124-69
    1x Eth Ext 6YL - 0127-51
    4x Network Cable Adaptor - 24005729
    2x Simnet Joiner - 44172260
    Navionics Card

It also came with AP24 Pack and B260 transducer but I have sold them and am looking at other options.

I also intend to add

- 2nd NSS12
    - Structure Scan 3D
    - Auto Pilot with HS60 undecided on controller and computer possibly AP44 and NAC-2
    - OP50 controller at the spotting station to provide basic steering function and I will use a tablet connected via Wifi as a GPS sounder whilst up there.

I’ve mapped out the electrics with what I’ve read so far online and in the manuals, but I was looking for advice on
    - If I’m missing any connections for functionality and
    - If there is a more efficient way to connect things using some of the connectors and cables I have got
    - Once I’ve provided power to the back bone do I still need to provide power to all the modules as I’ve drawn (black lines)
    - Looking at it I still have 1x open port on the wifi module, 2x on the Network Expansion Port, 2x on the 3D Structure Scan Box and 1x Ethernet port left on one of the NSS12’s. Can I use these ports to daisy chain the modules, to remove some of the T Connectors required? In the package I brought it seems I will have 4x T connectors (2x inc in back bone kit & 2 extra) plus the 1x 4 way connector.

I don’t have a local shop to buy parts off the shelf and it usually takes 1-2 weeks for online purchases to arrive. I’m trying to map out a plan to avoid starting the install and realising I’m missing one connector and having to wait a fortnight for it to arrive.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Simrad System Setup Advice Please

awesome set up. what sort of boat is it going onto. what motors?
    nac-2's are looking to be rather groovy units thats for sure.
    i cant see a 12dc power cable for your nmea network in your diagram. but it is late at night..sooo could be that as well

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

however just read your posts on THT.
    so the NMEA2K power is powering the NEMA bus only. the headunits and devices still require their own power source.

www.moosemarine.com.au

and yep. some devices get their power from the NMEA network. like the OP's, antennas etc.

www.moosemarine.com.au

also in terms of sonar. have you considered running a s2009 or s2016 simrad instead of a 2nd nss12 for peak sonar performance without resulting in a BSM module box?

www.moosemarine.com.au

Thanks Moose I hadn't actually looked at those units but I am now

The S2016 is the same price as a NSS12 and its 16'

the only time I think it would work against you having a sounder instead of MFD is when running home at night with the radar and plotter on the same screen.

Hmmm....s2016.jpg

Moose thanks for the tip regarding the s2009, you have my mind ticking over. For $400 more than the going price of a NSS12 I can get s2009+R2009 & BSM-3.

I could set it up like the attached....
    Attached Images Attached Images

well thats true. its a balancing act of working out time per use \ dollar spent. to have a giant ass 16" powerful easy to use sonar that can be seen from most parts of the boat i think would take up more time.. however. safety should always be no:1 on peoples boating lists

the S2016 does have ethernet however so it will share waypoints to and from.

www.moosemarine.com.au