Headed out around 4:30 am Saturday morning in the hopes of shrugging off the unfortunate loss on Friday night by drowning some baits.
Getting live bait was turned out to be the easy part, two throws of the net and had more mullet, herring and silver biddies then I could go through in a week!
Went to the first spot and had no action until the sun was up, a catfish followed by a pike eel (an angry one at that) and then a 63cm flatty. Went quite so around 7:30 moved to spot two, there were a fair few boats in the river by then.
Second spot took about half an hour to fire but then it produced a Jew around 80cm which was lost boat side. Unfortunately, the "gaff" I normally use which is a large hook with bard removed attached to a small length of pipe, had been damaged and the tip of the hook was bent over which meant the first few attempts of gaffing the fish in the mouth didn’t work. In the excitement of the moment my dad went to lift the fish in by the line. This was the quickest thing he did all morning, I didn’t get a second to say no or wait. The Jew was probably half way out when it was lost. Not to worry though, it was gone instantly so a good release.
About 20 minutes later we got another Jew that was spot on 80cm. Hung around for another half hour for nothing then called it quits and home by 10am.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jew.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	114370Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flathead.jpg 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	114371

Went to SeaWorld over the weekend, there is a bridge where they have a small fish pellet vending machine. There would have been hundreds of bream hanging around, but no one noticed the pair of flathead hanging out the back in the small sandy area.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seaworld Flatty 1.jpg 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	114369Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seaworld Flatty 2.jpg 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	114368