Wasn't sure what state (physically) I would be in on the Saturday morning following the Broncos Cowboys match (Great game, wrong result!).

Needles to say I was not at 100%, so a late start which meant on the water at about 9:30, planned to troll around the back of peel and than behind Goat, nothing really to mention found a few small bait schools with nothing going on around them.

Tip of Goat there was a heap of bait, has been the last couple of times I'v had a look, not to many boats about at this stage, 2 or 3 on each side of the island and all pretty far apart. Came across some good shows on the sounder so pulled in the trolling gear and started trying to Jig them up, Sure enough hooked up to what felt like a "decent" fish, (felt like it on lightish gear any way), had to get the wife to gently move us clear of the straddie flyer and then boated a 60+ schoolie, lost a slug then called it a day.

I find i have better luck with mirco jigs as far as hook up goes compared to slugs (obviously land more on slugs), think i might have to invest in some wire assist hooks.

Boat washed, fish cleaned all by 2:30, only wish it was more than one..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Schoolie.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	114352