Thread: Bar Crusher - Gen 1 Vs Gen 2 hull

Bar Crusher - Gen 1 Vs Gen 2 hull

Just looking for any opinions on the new Bar Crusher (Gen 2 ) hull compared to the original hull.

Recently drove my fishing buddy's 670 which is the original hull type from M/Bar to DI and back after over nighting at DI and was very impressed with the ride, stability at rest and fishing space (for a ali boat). Don't think i can afford a new one so i'm looking at one the 2nd hand market.

noticed the 640 has the Gen 2 hull and was looking for some opinions of differences from anyone who has been in both hulls.

BigE

Re: Bar Crusher - Gen 1 Vs Gen 2 hull

pic of a nice snappa from the trip to start the discussion

BigE
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not too sure there is a huge difference, but then, I have never been interested in one, so never really searched for differences.

I have a 670C on order, delivery for November. My understanding is that testing has shown the Gen 2 hull provides benefits/efficiencies to hulls up to the BC 615 but no benefit/efficiencies to larger hulls. Hence only available on BC up to 615 in length.

thanks Fishwpa, you'll like the 670 awesome rig what engine will you have on it?

bigE

Hi BigE,

I've gone with a Suzuki 175 4S. Should push it along nicely

Fishwpa
    that is the same combo as my mates rig - goes great and is excellent to fish from.

BigE