Thread: Urunga for Whiting

Urunga for Whiting

Any good ??...spot or two for landbased ??, feedback kindly appreciated ..

Re: Urunga for Whiting

I just came back from Urangan this afternoon, a couple of guys were catching whiting from the first 100m on the jetty on Wednesday. From the end of the jetty I heard that a couple of guys were live baiting and hooked up on what others described as mack tuna, but they left about an hour or so before I got there on Wednesday morning. I tried live baiting in the afternoon for about 4 hours but without success and it was blowing about 20 knots, so gave it up as I was pretty cold by that stage.

Quote Originally Posted by EdBerg View Post
    I just came back from Urangan this afternoon, a couple of guys were catching whiting from the first 100m on the jetty on Wednesday. From the end of the jetty I heard that a couple of guys were live baiting and hooked up on what others described as mack tuna, but they left about an hour or so before I got there on Wednesday morning. I tried live baiting in the afternoon for about 4 hours but without success and it was blowing about 20 knots, so gave it up as I was pretty cold by that stage.
    URUNGA mate

, sussed out a few spots if one could cope with the galeforce winds n roaring 20's run in the river. Mindyou good fish to be had if you could get them to bite n overcome the first two obstacles mentioned .
    Apart from that its a nice part of the world...

Oops, sorry, I just thought Volvo didn't spell it correctly, Didn't know there is a place call Urunga in NSW.