Thread: Hello from Melbourne

Hello from Melbourne

Hi all, I'm pretty new to boating, love to fish and love it more catching something, sometimes I even put them back
    Got myself a new 6.1 meter centre console last month so I'm very keen to learn how to keep it afloat and running. And if I can catch dinner all the better.
    Great forum - AUSFISH, I've been lurking a few weeks now - until I figured that I can't see all the joining options on a smart phone,, need to be on a real computer to do that.

Anyway
    Cheers
    Jamie

Blog Entries

Re: Hello from Melbourne

Welcome Jamie

Plenty of info here to digest. Make sure you post up your trip reports with plenty of pics

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Welcome Jamie

Plenty of info here to digest. Make sure you post up your trip reports with plenty of pics
    Sure is plenty of info and thanks Funchy, I will report back, probably about a nice ride in the boat less than catching fish
    Probably should have mentioned in my intro that my main interest at the moment is Port Phillip Bay and my aim - once I'm more experienced is to launch from out of the bay Geelong way, I've got accommodation at Torquay and there's a beach ramp there that I'd love to be able to launch from, again with more experience and on a calm day.

Jamie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyway thought I should put up a pic of my boat.
    Hopefully out in it tomorrow on the Bay.

Jamie

Installed the anchor winch on it myself. With some help from me ol' dad to help line up the best position.
    Tight squeeze but it fits and functions great.
    Soooooo much better than hauling the anchor manually. And on my last boat ( a half cab ) I had to squeeze through that silly flip out window in the cab to access the bow.
    Centre console it's flick a switch for the anchor and walk up to the bow. Fish all around the whole boat.

Not to mention I love the smell of a new fibreglass boat.
    Very happy boy.

Jamie