Thread: Prescription sunglasses

Prescription sunglasses

For every year that passes I'm in need of thicker glasses....
    And it's time to go down the prescription sunnies road. The cheapest polarized package for progressive lenses from the usual retailers come in over half a k straight away for pretty ordinary frames and after forking out about the same for safety glasses and then again to replace a pair left on a plane, just wondering if anybody has had any experience with the online options? If spending that much can I get a quality brand with lenses cut to my prescription. Any advice muchly appreciated in advance.

Re: Prescription sunglasses

Not sure where you are, but I can assure you, the best outcome will be by contacting this guy.

David.... 07 5527 3535

Make sure you said I told you to call him.

He is at Nerang./

cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Ive bought prescription sunnies before, there were expensive.
    Dont know why you would wanna carry 2 pairs of glasses everywhere you go.

Why dont you look at polarised 'fitovers' and just leave a pair in the car or boat? A good pair are about $90. They last about a year before they scratch or delaminate.

Ive also bought multifocals from Zenni online and then used polarised clip ons. The first glasses were not a good fit as I didnt think about lens size compared to frame size. Frame hieght was 31mm.
    Next pair I got frame height 33mm and it made a huge difference, no more fuzzy spots on the periphials. Both pairs cost me $150 each. You need to be real careful with sizing for online buys, but I would do it again, now that Im educated. Dont buy fashionable frames like rimless or half rim, and youll be ok. What looks good may not fit your lens type. They will sell you whatever you order, and there is no come back.

If you want cheap, buy clip ons or fitovers. Clip ons may scratch your multifocals tho.
    If you buy online, be prepared to make mistakes. It might be worth it if you intend to buy new glasses every year from now on tho.
    If you want quality, pay for it.
    Fishing- It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit.

You can get Maui Jims with a small magnification area at the bottom sort of like a bifocal. Works for me but I only need reading glasses as my long distance is fine. ...maybe you need different. $260 thereabouts and covered by health fund.

Yep I got a pairs of Maui Jims on my health fund for about $34 out of pocket for me n the wife for years before we needed glasses, got spares now. so if you got health cover start getting them even if u don't need glasses yet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Prescription sunglasses

... Or you could go to Peel Isl with a mask and snorkel and look for a rather cool looking Flathead in a pair of polarised prescription Revo's .

Unintentionally lent a pair to him, but if you find him they're yours . Oh, and they are for short sighted vision, and not multi focals, so they might not be any good for you Dezzer .

Seriously now, I am very close to the need for multi focals, and have to lift my glasses to read anything up close, including the GPS. PITA, especially on a bright sunny day!

If he's that good, might have to talk to your man soon LP.
    Cheers
    Brendon

Quote Originally Posted by gofishin View Post

Seriously now, I am very close to the need for multi focals, and have to lift my glasses to read anything up close, including the GPS. PITA, especially on a bright sunny day!
    You just need a bigger GPS and a wider dash

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    You just need a bigger GPS and a wider dash
    i guess that would be the nicest way to solve it Scotty, and without the frame around the old 10.25" VX2 I could probably fit in a nice TZ2 15" .... but new glasses would be a hell of a lot cheaper ...

I use Spotters perscription glasses that are polarized and photocromatic with glass lenzes and many years ago they cost $430,i cant fish with out them now.

Thanks mate, yep have gone down the spotters option and getting some quotes. Also have a pair of Jim's that I might chase up a price for putting lenses into the frames I already have. For now though took geckos advice and went a pair of fitovers, Jonathan Paul's? There actually pretty awesome, forget they're on and can see shit which is a bonus. Maybe not a hit with the fashion police but not bad all the same.

I went through frames direct online in Texas USA, got a pair of wiley x omegas bronze polarized wraparound polycarbonate safety glasses in my prescription $240 AU landed in Brisbane. They are great. Use them at work,fishing and shooting.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Dezzer View Post
    Thanks mate, yep have gone down the spotters option and getting some quotes. Also have a pair of Jim's that I might chase up a price for putting lenses into the frames I already have. For now though took geckos advice and went a pair of fitovers, Jonathan Paul's? There actually pretty awesome, forget they're on and can see shit which is a bonus. Maybe not a hit with the fashion police but not bad all the same.
    The Jonothan Pauls were the ones I went for, they are polarised, and wrap around, and are great for vision on the water. Just dont leave em in the sun, especially in the car (even in the console) because the lenses come away from each other (delaminate) when left in heat. I liked em so much I just bought a second pair when that happened.
    Fishing- It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit.