Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wtf - Holden reduces GVM rating of Colorado 7

Re: wtf - Holden reduces GVM rating of Colorado 7

Write back and politely say "no thank you you are happy with it the way it is"

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    And here is a review from July 2015 of the Colorado 7 and the specs quoted there are what is on the Holden site so perhaps the cheap labour force in Thailand printed the wrong figures on these.
    http://www.tradeboats.com.au/trailer...-7-ltz-review/
    Thanks for that, I will pull my head in on the GVM but will still be interested in the 2 week turnaround to fix the seats.

That is why you don't buy a holden.
    what a sad sad AB

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd degree View Post
    It's misrepresentation. Office of Fair Trading will get the ball rolling...

Cheers

jim
    Jim, Ive had several dealings with OOFT and it can take up to 5 weeks before being contacted by them as someone has to be assigned to the problem, then negotiate with the other party and then finally get back to you, nowhere in between do they seem to want to talk to you first and as your issue generally needs to be put in writing this is a to me a real problem. My last issue was unsatisfactory as they supplier provided evidence that was contrary to email advice, Newspaper and TV adverts which I supplied in full. I have had success with them but it is only small issues that they seem to be able to advise on but dealing with major companies like car manufacturers etc they do very little and I have no faith in them progressing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by hainsofast View Post
    That is why you don't buy a holden.
    Thought of a Toyota but so overpriced and as with all other manufacturers have similar issues, eg airbags etc

Update:
    GVM issue: Holden was unable to advise why there was a mix up in the GVM but said that all other figures were correct. I did ask for the details and the response was that the technical engineers said that the other figures didn't change, I did ask for specifics but they weren't willing to tell me. The manual is also pretty usseles as it only gives the load weight ie passengers etc and bugger all else in the technical data, maybe its hidden elsewhere but not happy about it.

Seat issue: It appears that the seats have to be sent to Melbourne to be modified which is why there is a 2 weeks turnaround. My issue is I towed a large boat, a tinnie and have roof racks for a kayak as well as the need to go to Fraser with there being no window of opportunity to be without these functions for 2 weeks as there are other trips planned. Avis is the supplier of replacement vehicles but until I actually book it in for recall I cant be advised of what I will get or what the conditions will be e.g. driving on beach or off road. No wonder none of the dealers I've spoken to have had to deal with this as most people would find it a most awkward situation.

In the end I think I will book a cruise somewhere for a couple of weeks with the boss and do it that way, and I hate cruising especially sea days as there isn't much to do except drink.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    And here is a review from July 2015 of the Colorado 7 and the specs quoted there are what is on the Holden site so perhaps the cheap labour force in Thailand printed the wrong figures on these.
    http://www.tradeboats.com.au/trailer...-7-ltz-review/
    Yep, I reckon Ozy is on to it here, as when you look at the actual figures in Ozy's link, & do the math, 2820kg GVM is not relatively overly restrictive than any other current 3 -3.5t tow tractor - and is in fact the same as it was in this article for the 2014MY truck (2210kg kerb mass + 610kg load capacity = 2820kg) = GVM as now .... so nothing has really changed.

If you have 300kg on the ball and tow a 3t rig, you are only left with 310kg for people and cargo in the car - but again, not too bad considering other tow tractors.

So unless the original sales brochures/specs mentioned the greater (incorrect??) GVM, you can breathe easy Sam... well at least about this part
    Cheers
    Brendon