Thread: Best 7'6" spin stick for tossing slugs a mile

Best 7'6" spin stick for tossing slugs a mile

Hi all,

Looking to buy a new 7'6" spin stick for tossing slugs at tuna / mackerel etc. Will be matched to either a 4000 or 5000 Shimano reel with 20 pound braid. Looking for something that can toss a 30-40 gram slug a mile as tuna schools can be quite flighty.

A few options:

Daiwa Lateo 7'6" 5-9kg
    Daiwa Gen Black V2 7'6" 5-10kg
    Shimano TK3 7'4" 3-6kg
    Nitro Mag Butt 7'6" 4-6kg (not sure if these are still being made?)

Budget $200-300.

Cheers

Re: Best 7'6" spin stick for tossing slugs a mile

Anyone have any other ideas for 7'6" spin stick?

Thanks in advance

Check out mo tackle for a special on the Daiwa Saltiga rods. I know it's longer than 7'6, but the 83mo is a distance freak of a rod! I've got one and it will out cast almost any rod I reckon. Even on special, it's a bit north of your budget, but worth every cent IMHO
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

For what it's worth, I use a Crucis Styx for casting slugs to salmon and tailor from the beach. 8'3'', 4-6kg and 2-piece. Nano technology, and they state that they're unbreakable under normal use. Very impressed with all the Crucis rods I own. And they can be picked up for about $150! They also make a 7'6" model as well, I think.

Oh - and sSiC K- guides, too.

I'd go a shimano grappler 73ml. on ######## for $379 atm...

I'm with FisHard re the saltiga

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Fishard I tried their site but it appears they are all goooonnneee!

Quote Originally Posted by FisHard View Post
    Check out mo tackle for a special on the Daiwa Saltiga rods. I know it's longer than 7'6, but the 83mo is a distance freak of a rod! I've got one and it will out cast almost any rod I reckon. Even on special, it's a bit north of your budget, but worth every cent IMHO

Plenty pop up second hand in really good nic if u don't need it ASAP. eBay / gumtree / breamaster

left field but a 7'6" Ugly Stick Bluewater 10-15 kilo, will throw a 30-40 gram a country mile, and cant kill them on a boat when rods and fish are flying everywhere ( not the cheaper Ugly Stick). if you really want something specific then go and see a rod builder like Mark ALderson and get it custom made,
    Tangles KFC

I use a daiwa gen black Supercasta matched with a sustain 4000. Plenty of distance when throwing slugs for schools of macs and tuna. Plenty of good options around.

Thanks for the replies guys. Went to the local store and had a quick play with a Saltiga X 7'6" Pe 2-4 and a Palms Sea Rapture 7'6" Pe 1.5 -3. Wow the Palms is a nice looking rod. Tossing up between these two now! Can't find much info on the Palms so bit of a risk but might give it a crack anyway!

Garry Howard Moreton bay spin
    nil carborundum illegitimi

You cant go wrong with a Palms.But my own customs are better.
    Cheers Graham