Thread: Passage info

Passage info

I'm having my maiden trip by myself in the passage for flatties and anything else I can find. I know it's last minute but anyone got any tips to help
    Cheers noddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Passage info

Gday Noddy. Look for weedbeds and drop offs. Water flowing from shallow to deeper. If you are fishing paccies cast up current and work it back with the current. Do not be afraid to fish the shallows. I catch most of my flattys oin about 40cms of water.
    Are you fishing southern end or northern end?

Funchy, thanks for the help bud, I'm fishing the southern end maybe ningi creek. Seqfa DVDs were a good help and I'll hit the shallows. I got placcies and bait so it should be a good day out. Cheers again

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noddy1786 View Post
    Funchy, thanks for the help bud, I'm fishing the southern end maybe ningi creek. Seqfa DVDs were a good help and I'll hit the shallows. I got placcies and bait so it should be a good day out. Cheers again

Make sure you let us know how you go.

And here's a tip. If you take bait and plastics (if you are new to placcy fishing). If you start with plastics and dont have success in a reasonably short period of time you will give up and go to bait. I recommend only taking one or the other if you are new to placcy fishing. If however you are a longer term user of plastics disregard my advice above.

Have a read through some of Mulletmuskateer's posts or read up on his blog ( https://landangler.net/ ) for some good spots and tips as well.

good luck and enjoy. Part of the fun is discovering where the fish are

Noddy, neat little trick if you do want to do both is have a burley pot over the back, drop a pillie about 3 - 5 meters back and then flick for flatties. It will take a little while for them to roll up but you will find that you will get a few that way, This works especially where you can concentrate the burley not necessarily where the burley will be broadcast far and wide.

Noddy take a run from the bridge up to donnybrook at dead low tide and check out all the big sandflats exposed, drifting along any of these banks and throwing soft plastics to the edges and bouncing back will see you catch fish, if you use bait then either prawns on a single 1/0 or white bait on a small 2 gang hook rig and 25cm trace will catch fish as well, but the secret is to drift and every 10-15 seconds lift your bait 50ccm off the bottom then let it fall back..

Thanks for all the hot tips guys. I came up with nothing but a few whiting. But I had a GOOD look around and you are all spot on with the banks and shallows having the action. Keen to hit it again and hopefully will do far better this time

Cheers noddy